v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: v Wakefield

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:What an absolute shambles. Couldn't even raise their game to fight for a bit of pride.

Not that it's a surprise. We've played badly most of the year and Wane has come out with the mantra of "we'll get it right when it matters". He's stubbornly refused to make big changes and reiterated that when it matters we'll do the job. We haven't. We failed spectacularly last week. So we're left with a dead rubber game and he STILL decides to go with the same players who have been poor all season and the only change he makes is one that defies logic with Bateman (our only form forward) moving to centre and our top centre going out on the wing. What was the thought process there?

I seriously can't understand why this wasn't used to drop the under-performing players and reward some of the youngsters who've done well and stepped up in difficult times early in the year. At least it might have injected some enthusiasm into a completely demoralised team.
Totally bizarre selections, Waney has lost the plot! Why Marshall didn't play is beyond me, if you want to shatter a young lads confidence then that is the way to do it! Todays game was a dead rubber and therefore we should have used it to give some of our hungry youngsters experience.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Tried to watch the game on TV and almost found myself cheering for Wakefield.
A team of journeymen players beating Wigan again!! And slaughtering our pack.
I know it's already been said but I have to say this was the worst Wigan game I have ever seen.
And we might have 4/5 players going to Aus for the world cup for god's sake. Hope the GB selectors were watching this tripe. Taking a team made up of Cas/Wakey players would be our best bet.
A revue of the season starts next week? That will be interesting.
Can the supporters be involved please.
At this rate we will be front runners for the £1,000,000 next season against Leigh. God help us!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

LORENZO wrote: And we might have 4/5 players going to Aus for the world cup for god's sake.

I wouldn't worry about that if I were you... :roll: