Should Wane Go ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Should Wane Go ?

Post by Wintergreen »

He should go yes.

It is time for a change top to bottom.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He is not the best man for the job now. He has had a good run overall, and can leave with his head held high, but we need someone with NRL experience to bring best practice to the club. On Saturday the players were going through the motions and that tells us all we need to know about how much response he can now get from them. And he needs to take all of the medical and conditioning team with him who have shown themselves to be the most inept "professionals" employed by the club since Jimmy Birts.

I don't see it as even a difficult decision, it is plain as day that we need a change.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Of course he should go, apart from the poor displays we have put on this season we are probably the most boring team to watch in SL.We need a coach from down under, one that will tell IL before he accepts the job that we need some new established players and not second rate players that are out of contract or projects whom cost next to nothing.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t think I’ve seen a more inept and spineless performance from any team let alone a Wigan one than the I witnessed last Saturday absolute disgrace to the fans who spend their money gollowing these arrogant tosspots about.

Wane will stay but there simply has to be a change at the club to blithely carry on as if all is well will spell grave danger for the club,Lengan needs to stop chasing ridiculous pipe dreams and concentrate on the home front.

There has to be a clear out of coaching and the ‘medical’ staff and take a fresh approach to things,it would be nice to not see players vomiting on the field so much too,but that’s a little gripe of mine,and maybe things can be turned round.

Truth is though nothing will happen,all is well the chase for Oz bucks will provided the club with untold ritches,we will sweep all before us with the fabled “big “guns “when in truth another season similar to this one awaits us all.

And I find that depressing,at the moment my wife is renewing I’m still undecided
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The last time Wigan finished sixth was under Brian Noble in 2009.
says it all really
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

jobo wrote:
SJ wrote:
Barney841 wrote:To me Wane can't see the problems as he is too stubborn to see his own mistakes.
I agree that his relationships with staff and players does effect his judgement.
He has brought some brilliant talent through the youth system but sometimes you e got to realise sometimes that there just not good enough and there might be better options elsewhere
I agree but I would have preferred "stupid" to "stubborn "
I used to cringe when CP went on and on about SW but now I recognise ,dare I say, his wisdom :cool:
Not you as well SJ. Wane is anything but stupid and CP's obsession with getting weak minded people to agree with him was just plain embarrassing.

Whether he stays or goes is between him and the club. Bitter vitriolic attacks on his character and nature on an open forum is just plain wrong.
Just had to highlight that point.

Excuse me, I'm now going to get in my spaceship and fly off to the planet Zorb.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

I started to right a short message about how I like what Wayne brings to the club and what we need to add. I stopped as the message was turning into a novel! I’ll briefly list instead.
1) Goal Kicker
2) New Attacking set up
3) Big athletic forwards (the kind that can get quick ball, don’t look like they’ve stepped out of the 90s)
4) A hooker who can run and attack
5) A game plan?!.......instead of “go out there and be aggressive and competitive” Cas, Leeds, Wakefield, Hull etc are bigger and better.........ain’t going to work anymore.

I’ll stop there!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mjdodge13 wrote:I started to right a short message about how I like what Wayne brings to the club and what we need to add. I stopped as the message was turning into a novel! I’ll briefly list instead.
1) Goal Kicker
2) New Attacking set up
3) Big athletic forwards (the kind that can get quick ball, don’t look like they’ve stepped out of the 90s)
4) A hooker who can run and attack
5) A game plan?!.......instead of “go out there and be aggressive and competitive” Cas, Leeds, Wakefield, Hull etc are bigger and better.........ain’t going to work anymore.

I’ll stop there!
Well those are all additions. Can we assume your list of what he brings to the club didn't have anything in it? :lol:

It used to be motivation but that has gone as well on the evidence of recent games particularly the last one.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think he can rightly point to player development and motivation as being cornerstones of his time at Wigan. He can be proud of what he has done for the club - but, his time should be up. There is no shame in that. I hope he reaches that conclusion himself, and indeed hope that any dismissal is classily done. But there is no measure by which any rational judge could conclude that he is the right person to take the club forward.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I think he can rightly point to player development and motivation as being cornerstones of his time at Wigan. He can be proud of what he has done for the club - but, his time should be up. There is no shame in that. I hope he reaches that conclusion himself, and indeed hope that any dismissal is classily done. But there is no measure by which any rational judge could conclude that he is the right person to take the club forward.
Player development? just to clarify are you talking about his time as youth coach or head coach

I can't think of a single player who has got better under wanes guidance at senior level. I don't doubt his credentials at youth level but at senior level i can't see much evidence of it.

Of all the project players we've had none have developed any more than average, gelling a typical example of a player who still players amatuerish.

I think the tragedy is that Wane loves wigan too much he wants to fix things I've no doubt about that, I'm sure he's lost sleep over how we've played this year and i bet he is hurting as much as every fan on this board. I don't doubt his commitment to the cause i am 100% sure he has done everything within his power to make us a winning team. However having desire and wanting something isn't enough as I've previously said i can run my absolute hardest but i aint beating bolt to 100m. Wane just doesn't have the talent to turn us around in the same way KFC didn't have enough talent to guide the Saints. Both fantastic players, both through and through their teams colours but if thats all you needed to be a top coach you, i or anyone else on here would be qualified
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure