Cas v Sts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PaulC

Re: Cas v Sts

Post by PaulC »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
mickw wrote:thank god for that,but best team lost.
I may be one of the few but I wanted Saints to win, I'm now pinning my hopes on Hull.
Me too

Love the Cas team, but the fans wind me up. Really dislike the shouting and banging on the boards during kicks.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

old hooker wrote:
jobo wrote:Good first half. Wonder if Cas have got too much into believing their own hype.

Matty Smith deserves some credit, doing the basics, basically well.
Matty Smith deserves credit, he is shite, look on Redvee and see what they think, best deal we ever did getting rid.
Smith is far from shite!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

If Smith had been goal-kicking, I don't think it goes to extra-time.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

I agree. He would have missed at least 2 but he would have been a bit more composed
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Amazing stuff!

What a game RL can be, the best.

Renewed my love of the game, we really need to come to the party next season.....please!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Excellent game, i thought Cas had blown it but they maybe needed this game to show themselves they could come back.

I think they win it now - Saints seem to be the only team who had their number all year.

I hope Hull win tonight that way we are guaranteed a new name on the cup
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

old hooker wrote:
jobo wrote:Good first half. Wonder if Cas have got too much into believing their own hype.

Matty Smith deserves some credit, doing the basics, basically well.
Matty Smith deserves credit, he is shite, look on Redvee and see what they think, best deal we ever did getting rid.
We've been brilliant since we got rid though, haven't we ? :blush:
SJ

Post by SJ »

Great game. Both teams superb. More than worthy of the GF. If tonight's game is as good Morale in RL revitalised. Credit to both teams. Just shows what good coaching can do. Having watched Wigan for 60 years I just might become a Saints/Cas supporter qua fan :cool:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

A word for Luke Gale as well. Might have secured his Man of Steel title last night. Had a great season, but to come back from having his appendix removed a few weeks ago and then to win the match like that - impressive.

What's also impressive is that it's got people talking about it here where I work (Leicester). Non-rugby fans commenting on the match, and Luke Gale. A good advertisement for the sport.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PaulC wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Great game,hope Cas win it now but and I hope all concerned in the coaching staff at Wigan take note having a quality kicker wins games
Understand what you are saying but lets be honest any kicker would look good behind that back.

They create a massive amount of time for Gale to work his magic.

Hardly saw him charged down once where as they were all over smith (who did a great job considering)
I am sure fozzieskem was on about goal kicks, not the drop goal. Saints outscored Cas 5 tries to 3 and if Percival had been as accurate as Gale with goal kicks there would have been no draw and no Gale golden point. Gale said he felt sorry for Percival after the match for this reason.

Bring back Frano!