Shattered dreams!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Shattered dreams!

Post by SJ »

DaveO wrote:
stevethegas wrote:
There is far far too much negativity on this site. Too much complaining, too little effort to praise, what remains, the greatest game.

Support it. Build it up. Praise it for what it is.

Constant whinging becomes a habit, and brings no credit to either Wigan or Rugby League in general. What do those who do so much complaining expect others in football or union to make of our opinion of our own game? Hardly likely to win them over.

So, please, don't just complain. Be constructive and positive.

And above all, BE THERE next season.
What a load of sanctimonious twaddle. Praise for what it is? What is there to praise in Wigan getting beaten 32-0 by a bunch of journeymen, letting Cas walk all over you at home and Wane being totally out coached for the last 7 months? The constant whinging you complain about is a constant for one reason only. The constant failing of team and coach and the constant excuses from Wane. You think if we were playing the kind of RL we have seen in the two semi-finals people would be complaining?

If you don't believe me go and dig back into the site for comments in 2010 and 11 after Madge took over.

Call a spade a spade. If you sit there and lap it up nothing will change.

Be constructive and positive? Well here you go, change the coach and we will be a better side. I think that is constructive and will be a positive step. Is anyone listening? No so telling people to be constructive is pointless. It's a bit the idiots who say get on with Brexit. There is nothing to get on with.

I don't know where you live but as a travelling fan I will not be renewing my season ticket unless Wane is sacked. If I was living in Wigan I might, out of habit. A stroll down to the ground would be no great hardship even if I was bored to tears for 80 minutes in the hope things may change. As it is I am not putting up with the M56/M6 unless I see some major acknowledgment from the club things need to change and not yet another signing of a project player. Cost is not the issue, watching RL is one of the cheapest pro sports you can follow but I go to be entertained not out of some masochistic loyalty. I guess I have frown out of that.
Good post Dave ( apart from your political analog Best left to the other topics.) However I do understand your frustration )
Hopefully wheels are in motion to address supporters concernes. Wigan have some fine young players It would be tragic for them to fail in their potential for lack of good managerial competence
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Trouble is S.J other than shilling the Aussie trip there’s no word at all from the club so I doubt things are going to change much at all.

The rugby played over those semi finals should have all RL fans jealous both games were a joy to behold,Wigan hide behind the “world champions” tag line playing some awful rugby,for me it was better when the injuries were at their height the kids at least tried st times do something different,once it eased it was back to plan a.

I’ve said all along I want to be entertained that’s what I’m paying for and I suspect many other are too,the sport not just Wigan is at a crossroads,does it continue along the well worn path or do they follow Cas,Wakey and Leeds down the yellow brick road of entertains and winning rugby?

I know what path I hope the game chooses.
SJ

Post by SJ »

I agree with you Foz but unlike Dave's analog I find comfort in my hope. :D and yours of course re "the yellow brick road so to speake
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Of course, if we had a Wizard of Oz like Cooper Cronk... :)
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Thanks for he comments about the dinner last night Josie and those others who were there and have posted comments. Perhaps Mr Lenagan should be applauded for backing his coaching team after such a disappointing season so let's hope that he's proved correct. I do find it worrying that there didn't seem to be any commitment to a change in playing style next season (please correct me if I missed it). Mr Lenagan obviously realises that season ticket sales are not looking good and is worried about the loss in income. I don't think there will be a surge in sales unless fans have some reason to hope for an improvement and one such possibility was a change of coach. As it also seems unlikely that there are any major signings to follow, the only other source of hope would come from a commitment from the management to improve the product on the field. The two semi finals (and of course the NRL final)this weekend reminded me what a great game rugby league can be. After watching the warriors last season I'd almost forgotten. When I look back over last season, the three games that spring to mind most readily are the WCC, the cup semi final win over Salford and the cup final itself. The next two that spring to mind are the wins away to Warrington (when we were a man down) and saints. My season ticket didn't get me into any of those games!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Sad to say this after watching Wigan for 65 years and been a season ticket holder for a long time.I have come to the decision that I will not be renewing my season ticket next year.Its not just Wigan but the RFL sitting on the fence and not going with the times.Wigan under Wane are going backwards the rugby for the last 2 seasons has been crap a change of coach is badly needed now Wane has past his sell by date granted he has won the trophies but his coaching methods are stale.I will renew if a change of coach is announced but bye bye Wigan I will pick my games and be a couch fan otherwise.Slag me off by all means I have been a loyal fan for a long time but now its time to go.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mickw wrote: I feel exactly the same if it weren't for taking my lad I wouldn't renew not because I'm a glory hunter but because I'm bored and frustrated to death watching this waneball crap.
We haven’t played “Waneball” for two years!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

mickw wrote:
jaws1 wrote: Sad to say this after watching Wigan for 65 years and been a season ticket holder for a long time.I have come to the decision that I will not be renewing my season ticket next year.Its not just Wigan but the RFL sitting on the fence and not going with the times.Wigan under Wane are going backwards the rugby for the last 2 seasons has been crap a change of coach is badly needed now Wane has past his sell by date granted he has won the trophies but his coaching methods are stale.I will renew if a change of coach is announced but bye bye Wigan I will pick my games and be a couch fan otherwise.Slag me off by all means I have been a loyal fan for a long time but now its time to go.
I feel exactly the same if it weren't for taking my lad I wouldn't renew not because I'm a glory hunter but because I'm bored and frustrated to death watching this waneball crap.

I cannot understand why some people think that paying to see something that you don't enjoy is "loyal".

It's not loyal it's illogical and stupid.

It's very simple. If you get enjoyment out of attending a game, do so. If you don't then do not.
Lord Byron

Post by Lord Byron »

I'm also in the not renewing camp. I have had a season ticket since 1976 and it will absolutely kill me not getting one for next season.

I was hoping that I would be persuaded otherwise following the annual awards evening but other than some fairly honest words from IL there was nothing that convinced me that things are going to change for the better.

Other than the odd game I haven't enjoyed watching us for the last 2 years. I actually turn up to games in the wrong frame of mind as I'm preparing myself for what's to come!

So, unless there are changes made before the renewal deadline, I will simply pick and choose my games. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it. All I ask for is to be entertained to a certain level and for the last 2 years the level of entertainment has been at rock bottom. This has been masked to a certain extent by last year's grand final and the WCC. The ending to this season and performances such as Leigh away have been the final straw for me.
GBH

Post by GBH »

Couldn't agree more i no longer go to a match excited about the game I go with dread of how bad it will be, just look at the fans around you most people are on the phone bored to tears.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots