Season Tickets.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Season Tickets.

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The major issue here is the last two years have proved the season means nothing. So if the games don't mean and we cant even offer entertaining rugby its a hard sell outside a hardcore group who buy no matter what.

I for example wont be buying one, most of my friends dont like rugby and the standard of games means i no longer feel like taking a non-rugby fan to an half empty stadium to watch a meaningless game played badly. The friends that do like rugby have families and have gone off the idea due to the crap nature of whats on show or economic reasons.

So ill probably pick a couple of "big" matches and go to them.

I know that means for some that im not a true fan but i dont care, for me this is a make or break season for me and Rugby League - if games dont pick up this year i doubt ill continue to watch the sport that much, it felt like a chore watching games last year and i can think of better things to do with my Friday night, it used to be the highlight of my week now feels more like a trip to the dentist.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The major issue here is the last two years have proved the season means nothing. So if the games don't mean and we cant even offer entertaining rugby its a hard sell outside a hardcore group who buy no matter what.

I for example wont be buying one, most of my friends dont like rugby and the standard of games means i no longer feel like taking a non-rugby fan to an half empty stadium to watch a meaningless game played badly. The friends that do like rugby have families and have gone off the idea due to the crap nature of whats on show or economic reasons.

I know that means for some that im not a true fan but i dont care, for me this is a make or break season for me and Rugby League - if games dont pick up this year i doubt ill continue to watch the sport that much, it felt like a chore watching games last year and i can think of better things to do with my Friday night, it used to be the highlight of my week now feels more like a trip to the dentist.
+1
GBH

Post by GBH »

jaws1 wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The major issue here is the last two years have proved the season means nothing. So if the games don't mean and we cant even offer entertaining rugby its a hard sell outside a hardcore group who buy no matter what.

+1
+1
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Price of my ticket has risen by 20 quid hows that frozen?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

fozzieskem wrote:Price of my ticket has risen by 20 quid hows that frozen?
Correct, if you choose to auto renew then it doesn't go up. You can only auto renew online but it's not set up yet!
Just been onto tickets and asked them what my renewal price is this year and I had checked what I paid last year before I rang. She told me and I said it's gone up £20. She said it's not gone up £20, you got £20 discount last year! So we're this year's prices set last year? She couldn't confirm whether I elected for auto renew last year, but I know I never auto renew anything.
The mind boggles at the unprofessionalism of the Club!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Logged on and got my renewal offer price for over 60 concession West Stand £200. Fair enough.

While i was on i checked my sons renewal price £200. He has been offered an over 60 concession price ticket as well .

He is 25 years old lol

Good mind to buy it at that price and argue about it later.

Can't be Ar**d with all the hassle again thhs year after all the problems with our season tickets last year.

What is ut with Wigan and Ticketmaster do they ever get it right first time.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

So despite losing a home game due to the Oz match the price stays the same if you are on auto-renew?

That is a price increase in anybodies book. Trying to suggest we get an extra home game due to playing 4 at home in the super eights is ridiculous. However many games you get in the super 8's is covered by your season ticket. They don't ask you to cough up an extra £20 if we get four games instead of three do they!

Legegan said when the Oz game was announced there would be suitable adjustment to the season ticket price which I think everyone expected to mean a small decrease.

I noted also the line about "not having our regular annual price increase" or similar. Since when has it been a given season tickets rise in price year on year? Sometimes they do but other years are frozen and occasionally clubs decrease them to try and attract more spectators onto season tickets. Huddersfield did this in the past and given Wigan have recognised season ticket sales are in decline they need to incentivise people to get one. Losing a home fixture and charging the same isn't the way to do it.

After three seasons of boring the pants off people I think a decrease in price was in order, not an increase.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Logged on and got my renewal offer price for over 60 concession West Stand £200. Fair enough.

While i was on i checked my sons renewal price £200. He has been offered an over 60 concession price ticket as well .

He is 25 years old lol

Good mind to buy it at that price and argue about it later.

Can't be Ar**d with all the hassle again thhs year after all the problems with our season tickets last year.

What is ut with Wigan and Ticketmaster do they ever get it right first time.

Regards , EW
buy it, i had a similar issue a few years back, i had a loyalty card but wasn't a season ticket holder (some promotion they had at the time) they emailed my family the season ticket renewal price cost instead of the new season ticket cost and honoured it as they messed up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

EW
Did you pay the auto renewal price or the plus £20 price? My account is set up for the plus £20 but I'm not paying £20 more on principle. I'm going to ring the Club tomorrow and get them to sort it out as the girl in the ticket office seemed to have slipped into weekend mode.
If they can't sort it I'm going to bag it I'm afraid and pick my matches, which will mean I find something else to interest me.
Wandering Warrior

Women's rugby? Oohhhhh yes! :thum:

It'll get sorted.
I think this is a cynical attempt to increase prices by IL and a fair few will fall for it. You don't have to take up the auto renewal next year so it's a no brainer to have.
What is a pain in the rse is the club being obstructive in you taking up the offer!
I thrive on this sort of stuff and look forward to ringing the Club tomorrow.