Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Wont be bothering with this shower of Sh*** next season!

Post by ddtftf »

Wayne complains that they are inconsistent, but its HIS job to correct that. He always blames the players but as a coach he should be able to correct that and he CANNOT so its time for a change. mm :blush: :blush:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:Wayne complains that they are inconsistent, but its HIS job to correct that. He always blames the players but as a coach he should be able to correct that and he CANNOT so its time for a change. mm :blush: :blush:
Cryptic message?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

True fans will not renew

Sheep will renew

Lenegan relies on sheep

If you want change, be a true fan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:True fans will not renew

Sheep will renew

Lenegan relies on sheep

Are you not renewing your season ticket from last season then Meds?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Sheep will renew

Lenegan relies on sheep

I assume this is tongue in cheek dig at the "you're only a true fan if you're at every single game" peeps because its as ludicrous a statement as former and well, ya know, its you

The is truth in this in a way though because some people see Wigan rugby as a way of life their priorities are shaped around rugby, there is nothing wrong with that, in the same way there is nothing wrong with being a fan who attends only a few matches.

As ive said though its now becoming harder and harder to convince a conflicting priority person to attend the games and its not just Wigans fault, the death of the "regular" season has a lot to answer for!.

I think fans will stomach a poor standard of game if there is an underlying drama around the event. I went through a phase when i was younger were everything i did was around rugby i owned around 30-40 Wigan shirts and attended every match i could get too.

Things change and for Wigan (and Superleague) to keep a viable business model they have to offer something that makes me want to give up my friday night for it, something more than asking for simple loyalty of a club. As i say rugby was once the highlight of my week i can especially remember growing up even if Wigan werent playing we as a family would have friends round get a takeaway and watch the games. Now im lucky if i can last a full game without turning it off.

Im sick of tuning in or turning up to be confronted with "x team have 10 first team players out and y team have 7". Well what happens if they lose this match though? nowt, bugger all in fact they can lose the next 7 and still wont matter THAT is the issue.

They cant expect many to shell out for poor entertainment in meaningless matches played by half youth teams.

To fix Superleague you must fix the season, give crowds a reason to attend even if the chips are down, give coaches a reason to play strong team, give teams the impetus that losing the game, any game matters!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Sheep will renew

Lenegan relies on sheep

Are you well experienced with sheep?
What make is your welly of choice? Dunlop?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

Sheep will renew

Lenegan relies on sheep

I assume this is tongue in cheek dig at the "you're only a true fan if you're at every single game" peeps
lol
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Ive not bought a season ticket for about 5 years now and its simply because of the way sl is nowadays. The regular season games are meaningless and it doesn't matter how you play weather you win or lose as long you are in top 8 close to top 4 and yet you can still win it.. look at cas they was far best team in league but all they got was a wheeltrim joke of a trophy. Fans can slag wane off all they want but to me its frustration because the sport is on its arse and has been for years. I believe if we went back to finish top your champions i think the standard of play will be a lot better and will attract new fans to game.
IN WANE WE TRUST
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I agree. The game is struggling, and the current system is one of its handicaps. Changing it is no panacea, but it's a step in the right direction.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If we played our games on sunday afternoons it would be much better and the crowds would be bigger....unfortunately sky rules
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE