Wane and Wayne

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wane and Wayne

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I hope Gale doesn't go missing like he did in the GF!
GF 2017: the Gale warning that didn't materialise :D
That’s a joke I put in the joke section last week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can we get back on topic BTW?

Wane vs Wayne!

Thank you ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

My apologies to Morley pie eater, you were right about Wayne playing Bateman at centre. Much as I love Bateman and I did think we should put him at centre when he first started playing again after his injury (and Gells was out) I didn't think Wayne would pick him. It's sad that England don't have more choice for this position. I'm sure he won't let anybody down though.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

It is a defensive move to play Bateman at centre, for all his toughness and effort he offers little in attack out wide.The Aussie centres could give him the runaround.Still it is the only way he could get into the test side as he is too small for second row in international RL.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Where you will see Wane slagged off is when he does stupid things like plays Bateman at centre but then shunts Gildart to the wing! :eusa17:

Now it is selections like THAT what shows Wane up as the rank amateur he is compared to Wayne.
So why hasn't Bennett picked Gildart at centre ahead of Bateman?
I don't follow. I have no problem Wane picking Bateman at centre provided it's not at the expense of Gildart playing centre for Wigan. I also do not see why Wane would drop one of our wingers for Gildart. It's not just about the choice of centre but the choice of who plays wing. If it's not obvious I think Bateman and Gildart as centres is better than Gelling and Gildart for Wigan. It's not a Bateman v Gildart decision for me. It's a Bateman v Gelling one.

Presumably Wayne doesn't think Gildart is ready for International RL so he isn't even in the squad.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

No straw damn us wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Bennett has no hesitation in selecting Bateman, an ex centre ahead of other centre's in the squad.
Wane picks a left winger who cannot pass a ball ahead of an ex centre when one of his centre's gets injured.
Really!
Burgess only played centre once after Bateman came back into the team, and that was Batemans second game after returning from injury.
One game, a hundred games, Bateman is a capable ex centre, yet Wane opts for left winger who never passes the ball left but as a left centre would be expected to do so.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I hope Gale doesn't go missing like he did in the GF!
GF 2017: the Gale warning that didn't materialise :D
Sorry Josie, I should have acknowledged copyright :blush:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

same game plan 5 drives and a kick, same defensive lapses....could have been the same coach
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

old hooker wrote:It is a defensive move to play Bateman at centre, for all his toughness and effort he offers little in attack out wide.The Aussie centres could give him the runaround.Still it is the only way he could get into the test side as he is too small for second row in international RL.
Totally agree with the comments about his size and this morning showed once again that he is not a centre.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: GF 2017: the Gale warning that didn't materialise :D
Sorry Josie, I should have acknowledged copyright :blush:
????????no problem was just commenting ????