Club want to make two signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: Club want to make two signings

Post by Wes »

old hooker wrote:
Wes wrote:
old hooker wrote: That does not fill me with confidence, if thats the case we will get 2 players for whatever FP is on, they are not going to be top drawer are they?
Depends if FPN is on £250k per season that’s 2 good players!
Really, we can get 2 top class players for that?,dream on.
I said good, top class and good are different.
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

Who has said that FPN is on 250k per season?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wes wrote:
old hooker wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:An update, the two signings are based on Frank leaving.
That does not fill me with confidence, if thats the case we will get 2 players for whatever FP is on, they are not going to be top drawer are they?
Depends if FPN is on £250k per season that’s 2 good players!
Add to that the savings made by Joel and Lockers signing reduced deals, savings made by making George a marquee player, less the incremental and bonus increases some players have receivedwe should be in a position to sign at least one good player possibly two.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Right let’s be honest. We won’t sign anyone else and we will have to put up with the same crap play, or even worse, next year.
I know I sound like crap fan but I’m dreading that we might go back to noble style era. Been looking like we are for the last couple of years
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:Right let’s be honest. We won’t sign anyone else and we will have to put up with the same crap play, or even worse, next year.
I know I sound like crap fan but I’m dreading that we might go back to noble style era. Been looking like we are for the last couple of years
The Millward period was worse. Let's not forget we won the GF in 2016. This squad is capable of a lot more.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sadly Barney I agree with you. It doesn't look like there will be any significant changes. All a bit depressing really.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Going back to what Markill said about it being a positive that we have two marquee players, well that is very debatable as imo tomkins and Williams are definitely not marquee value, Williams is so overrated, and tomkins is a shadow of the player he was and certainly not worth the money he's on.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Where is the evidence lockers and Joel signed reduced deals?

Other than the milkman’s brother knows the cleaner at central parks cousin type of thing.

FPN clearly came on a big deal so it’s not rocket science unless leaves which let’s be fair is looking unlikely no “big” name players will come in unless there’s a couple fringe players that can be moved on I bet there’s at best another young unknown brought in at best.

The club handed contracts to all and sundry last season so it’s no surprise there’s little movement in the transfer market
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I don’t think we’ve got a bad squad, badly coached and bad tactics I’d say. Maguire proved that when he came, brought in one player, changed the way we played and we blew teams away. We were also good to watch and great defensively
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think we've a good squad.
The way we played after all the injuries hit us was disappointing and the season ended poorly. We did start off the season playing well, winning and looking good.
Then injuries hit us badly. Some games players with shirts 1-5 were all missing and other matches numbers 8-13 were absent. Various games anything between 8-11 players were missing.
Games were lost that should have been won with anything like a full squad.
IL has said they are looking at the way they train, conditioned and play the game. He said that we were looking at bringing in an asst coach to help Shaun.
If they sort this out and if IL has said it I've no reason to doubt these things are being looked at and action will be taken.
I'll be buying our season tickets as usual and I'm confident we'll see a better performance and improved results next year.
As above, I think we've a good squad and will get better results and maybe a trophy or two in 2018.