England

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jasonnlouise

Re: England

Post by jasonnlouise »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:Roby if he was younger
He hasn't always been 31!
True but wasn't he sounded out a few years ago by NRL teams I might be wrong though but do think he'd have been successful there
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

jasonnlouise wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:Roby if he was younger
He hasn't always been 31!
True but wasn't he sounded out a few years ago by NRL teams I might be wrong though but do think he'd have been successful there
He has been a good SL player but like I have always said when it really matters he has been found wanting. I think he would have held his own in the NRL but would have looked better as a replacement hooker in the NRL, as he did with KFC!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wikimann

Post by Wikimann »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:If a few more English players sign for NRL clubs, State of Origin could be expanded to include England?
We need a lot more good players to play in that comp. However, a joint South Pacific Islanders team would be competitive.
I’m pretty sure I read a piece in the SMH last week saying the NZRL was considering playing it’s own Origin series in the very near future? NZ v a combined Islanders team from Tonga,Samoa,Fiji .

Given the Islanders success so far & the obvious large fan base they have in South Auckland,Waikato,Hamilton,it would be a great fit for all concerned,particularly if it coincides with NSW v QLD so all their respective NRL players are made available to them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

morley pie eater wrote:If a few more English players sign for NRL clubs, State of Origin could be expanded to include England?
More English players in the NRL is that last thing we need! On the contrary...