Gelling reveals reason for return home

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Gelling reveals reason for return home

Post by Wes »

Yes I know what you mean, it’s interesting though that I’d go for sarge for 1 reason and 1 reason only, his pace.

There where times last season where players broke through our D and hells looked like he was walking he was that slow.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:Yes I know what you mean, it’s interesting though that I’d go for sarge for 1 reason and 1 reason only, his pace.

There where times last season where players broke through our D and hells looked like he was walking he was that slow.
True but he does seem one of those players who loses match fitness easy and takes many games to get it back after a period out of the team. I am sure Sarge was quicker but you have to ask even if he caught the player would he be able to tackle him? Never struck me as having great cover defence like Rads in his prime for example.

Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:Yes I know what you mean, it’s interesting though that I’d go for sarge for 1 reason and 1 reason only, his pace.

True but he does seem one of those players who loses match fitness easy and takes many games to get it back after a period out of the team. I am sure Sarge was quicker but you have to ask even if he caught the player would he be able to tackle him? Never struck me as having great cover defence like Rads in his prime for example.
What are we doing?! It’s like playing top trumps with a bad hand :lol:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:

In fairness I have never seen a better exponent of the cover tackle from distance than Rads. Immaculate and a joy to watch.

(Sadly words that you no longer associate with Wigan RL)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:
What are we doing?! It’s like playing top trumps with a bad hand :lol:
Ture :) Mind you the fact we are says a lot about the current and potential state of the team.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Yes he has gone normally this would have been good news Till they sign the cockney again maybe Gelling isn't has daft has he made out to leave the sinking ship that is Wigan
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

is there any update on what is happening with Gelling? if he isnt coming back it would be nice to have clarification as well as space with the salary cap