McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: McIllorum

Post by old hooker »

ddtftf wrote:Without big forwards putting the opposition on the back foot your backs will always look ineffective. and never have the space they need .mmm
There is some truth in what you say but if you have top half backs they can change the game even if the forwards are only second best.I have seen players like Alex Murphy, Tommy Bishop, Andy Gregory and even Sean Long turn games around with a bit of magic even behind a beaten pack.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Really hope he doesn’t go, my favourite player of our current lot, never leaves anything in dressing room and only player who’s got a bit of nasty about him,definitely got to be captain when lockers goes, if anything out of him tommy and Sam I’d prob say loan out Sam for season and go with Micky and tommy as 9’s
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Why aren’t we looking to unload Sam Powell?
Or does no one want him?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

sheepsteeth wrote:Why aren’t we looking to unload Sam Powell?
Or does no one want him?
Because he offers more than an overrated player who is at the end of his career, there's no sentimentally in sports, but currently an IL owned Wigan has forgotten this, there are dark days ahead i'm afraid
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

McIlorum is more than a crash tackling dummy half hooker that Wane has him playing, Mark Ashton demonstrated this with how he had him playing for Ireland.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:McIlorum is more than a crash tackling dummy half hooker that Wane has him playing, Mark Ashton demonstrated this with how he had him playing for Ireland.
Spot on PM, all our forwards will perform better if they are allowed to play their natural game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jao711

Post by jao711 »

ddtftf wrote:Without big forwards putting the opposition on the back foot your backs will always look ineffective. and never have the space they need .mmm
. Dead right I remember when we signed Terry Newton to stiffen up our pack .It worked too.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jao711 wrote:
. Dead right I remember when we signed Terry Newton to stiffen up our pack .It worked too.
Especially when he stiffened Long and Cunningham!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jao711 wrote:
Especially when he stiffened Long and Cunningham!
Yeah that worked out really well. Picked up a massive ban for breaking Long's jaw.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Heard today he's definitely signing for Catalans ,he doesn't really want to leave but salary cap is forcing him out as we cant offload FPN ,also he turned down massive money from Canberra