What are your expectations for the year?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

What are your expectations for the year?

Post by ancientnloyal »

At the very least I would expect us to get to a Final.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mary from Wigan

Re: What are your expectations for the year?

Post by Mary from Wigan »

If we can't improve our attack it will probably be middle eighths. I have never felt so depressed pre season.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Probably could of done with a choice of "avoid middle 8's" they are all quite good then avoid relegation is the only one thats that bad and thats probably too far
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Probably could of done with a choice of "avoid middle 8's" they are all quite good then avoid relegation is the only one thats that bad and thats probably too far
Well I voted avoid relegation because the other options were far too optimistic based on past performances (not because I think we will be in a relegation fight) and the same dross emanating from the club as in the recent past (player x ripping it up in training etc, it's deja vu).
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Probably could of done with a choice of "avoid middle 8's" they are all quite good then avoid relegation is the only one thats that bad and thats probably too far
Well I voted avoid relegation because the other options were far too optimistic based on past performances (not because I think we will be in a relegation fight) and the same dross emanating from the club as in the recent past (player x ripping it up in training etc, it's deja vu).
Yeah i think we will be flirting with the Middle 8's but if we end up in the 8's i expect us to do a leeds/wire and dominate, i dont think we are in any danger of the million pound game, but i also dont think we are in any danger of breaking the top 4
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

I expect our luck with injuries to change and that we'll achieve a top 3 place in the table and make the grand final.
joeb

Post by joeb »

Clean sweep :o
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We won GF and WCC with same squad. So same again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Will not make top 4. Squad is a lot weaker than last season as a whole. People are putting too much faith in us not getting injuries.

Wane will be gone before the Super 8's is my prediction
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree that Wane will be gone by Easter, but that leaves plenty of time for a good coach, especially one with NRL experience, to win something. Another advantage of a top coach coming in will be that they will be able to replace the conditioning and medical staff who can never get nor keep anyone fit.

The only alternative scenario I can think of is that Sam fires and we fulfil our potential. In which case we will win something.