What are your expectations for the year?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Josie's friend

Re: What are your expectations for the year?

Post by Josie's friend »

superleague wrote:As it been actually confirmed that tomkins will be in the halves this year ?
That would mean they've actually let us in on their plan
Wes

Post by Wes »

superleague wrote:As it been actually confirmed that tomkins will be in the halves this year ?
No.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

If we avoid the number of injuries that we had last year then I expect us to make the top 4 and maybe a final. If we have the same injury problems then I expect pretty much the same as last year. Fingers crossed we can keep more of the lads on the pitch!
superleague

Post by superleague »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8957557

So the halves are still undecided, is it just me or this a bit of joke considering how close the season is.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sam or Morgan will play in the halves depending on what the best fit is. Williams has only just returned to training so the 3 of them will have to work on what makes sense. Moving Tommy to 9 makes us stronger at 7 regardless of who replaces him and at 9 as we now have a running threat which means that we are not as reliant on Lockers to keep the opposition’s midfield defence honest.
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

A dog fight with the Trinity Wildcats for 6th place again
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

mickw wrote:why would anybody play a french winger at standoff in front of sam a tried and tested halfback?
Sam hasnt played halfback for the best part of a decade, and Escare showed a hell of a lot to his game in his stint before his injury, he was creative and his kicking game was pretty good, probably the best we had last year.

Im not saying i would pick Escare at 6 in front of Sam because i think Escares pace is better used at the rear but i dont think its a massive stretch to suggest it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
mickw wrote:why would anybody play a french winger at standoff in front of sam a tried and tested halfback?
Sam hasnt played halfback for the best part of a decade, and Escare showed a hell of a lot to his game in his stint before his injury, he was creative and his kicking game was pretty good, probably the best we had last year.

Im not saying i would pick Escare at 6 in front of Sam because i think Escares pace is better used at the rear but i dont think its a massive stretch to suggest it
Didn't Escare start as a Half Back?, i'm i read that somewhere
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

Didn't Escare start as a Half Back?, i'm i read that somewhere
wouldnt suprise me he seems to have a good skill set a bit like a french rob burrow
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Seriously get the feeling with everything considered the club are just winging it and hoping for the best.

Recruitment well shocking tbh, no squad numbers, no idea on pairing especially considering how awful both were last season is a joke. Getting the feeling the spine will be

1 ST
6 GW
7 TL
9 SP
13 SOL

If that occurs then we are seriously buggered.