End of Professional Rugby League in the UK

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
thegimble

End of Professional Rugby League in the UK

Post by thegimble »

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... ague-place

This signals the end of the game as a professional game if they do not let the Totonto in SL if they get it through the super 8's. All this tells me is the game is still the old boys network that will allow the clubs who hold back clubs with ambition and finance, just so they can carry on dragging the game down towards its now inevitable semi-pro status in 5 years.
Firestarter

Re: End of Professional Rugby League in the UK

Post by Firestarter »

Moving goal posts again
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

And its not Union's fault or southerners what is killing the game is clubs and the RFL.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The Rfl is utterly toothless,truth is in any sport if the clubs had arrogantly put together a league fixture off their own backs they’d have been fined so hard it hurt them but no they meekly pat wigan and hull on the head and say they’re all for it it staggers me,so now they’ve got rid of the big lad the chairman have wrestled even more control it’ll become a closed shop,for the good of the game of course..

The game is on very thin ice indeed
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Perhaps some of the happy clappers on here will take heed of this and realise all is not well with what once was a great game,instead of saying how wonderful it is and realise that those who criticise the running of the game are not moaners but realists.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I imagine reviewing the terms under which the first trans-atlantic team will enter SL under is a fairly sensible thing to do.

Will they still be gaurenteeing the expenses of the traveling clubs for example. And for how many years. Etc.

They are a special case and will have to have special terms.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

oldhooker wrote:Perhaps some of the happy clappers on here will take heed of this and realise all is not well with what once was a great game,instead of saying how wonderful it is and realise that those who criticise the running of the game are not moaners but realists.
As (self-appointed) spokesperson for the NUHC, could I ask what on earth you are on about?

Being broadly in favour of maintaining a generally positive outlook re Wigan/SW/IL now makes us responsible for defending all involved in "the running of the game"?? And all on the basis of the non-story of Rowley's interview, the main interest of which was his comparison of Bailey, Taylor and MoiMoi with Cronk, Slater and Smith!

Now I met a bloke in the pub who said he might know someone who was considering buying a Wigan season ticket for Christmas 2018. You Moaners clearly have a lot of explaining to do!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Mike wrote:I imagine reviewing the terms under which the first trans-atlantic team will enter SL under is a fairly sensible thing to do.

Will they still be gaurenteeing the expenses of the traveling clubs for example. And for how many years. Etc.

Have to agree with you Mike. This needs a lot of thought by all clubs. Still think we need to get the game to expand but there has to be limits and boundaries. Be interesting to see how many moan and opinions change if and when we drop on them in a challenge cup semi where would neutral ground be. Minor thing you may say but just one of many obstacles that need consideration.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Mike wrote:I imagine reviewing the terms under which the first trans-atlantic team will enter SL under is a fairly sensible thing to do.

Have to agree with you Mike. This needs a lot of thought by all clubs. Still think we need to get the game to expand but there has to be limits and boundaries. Be interesting to see how many moan and opinions change if and when we drop on them in a challenge cup semi where would neutral ground be. Minor thing you may say but just one of many obstacles that need consideration.
How is there a lot to think about. Championship sides have to put up with it. Terms are already in place.

So tell me how will it differ for SL clubs compared to championship clubs where some are very much semi pro and they manage it. where we going to expand SL to Newcastle, London, Wales worked out great. All this is simply is SL clubs protecting the status quo which is driving the game into semi pro status which some clubs I feel wants it to be. Wakey especially.

as for where the semi should be well here is an idea why not in Australia or Boston. After all we are willing to play a game in Australia soon what is the difference from going for a cup game.
markill

Post by markill »

I don't really understand where the story is in this, it's all posturing. No team is guaranteed promotion even if they 'earn' it I thought. Either way, they won't be held back from going up I'm pretty sure. Maybe it's just a caution that they can't stroll in with things like travel expenses and not having a home stadium for over half a season (as is the case this year) not being cleared up. That's all I read into it anyway. I'm all for the expansion and I'm sure most clubs and the RFL are too. It has be done with ongoing consideration though I suppose.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod