Junior Sa’u

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Junior Sa’u

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Nezza Faz wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I think IFL sees Sarge as a fullback. The signing of Sa'u would allow that to happen at the expense of Morgan!
And bear in mind, IFL re-signed Morgan on an extended contract !
Very true. I am only posting what IFL said and that is he thinks he is a better fullback than centre, does that mean we will sign Sa'u, probably not. Does it mean Sarge will play FB, probably not as we don't have another experienced centre.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I think IFL sees Sarge as a fullback. The signing of Sa'u would allow that to happen at the expense of Morgan!
Since when has IFL been the coach?

If the chairman is picking the team we are buggered.
Who said he was? Like you and me he has his opinions, but his opinions count more as he is paying the pied piper!
IFL is the Pied Piper!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Can Sa'u play both left and right centre?
He played left side on Friday with Welham on their right.
He looked as exposed to pace as the rest of their backs.
It's obvious what he brings to the game but I'm not sure that if a quota spot was available there wouldn't be better than Sa'u available.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Well it is the rumour mill.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Very true. I am only posting what IFL said and that is he thinks he is a better fullback than centre, does that mean we will sign Sa'u, probably not. Does it mean Sarge will play FB, probably not as we don't have another experienced centre.
Better is of course a relative term. :wink: As a centre he is just poor. Even so the fact IL thinks we have a player unsuited to playing centre as opposed to elsewhere playing there and the fact we actually went and signed him as a centre presumably knowing his limitations already is pretty bad. I wonder if Sarge knows IL thinks he's not much of a centre?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
Better is of course a relative term. :wink: As a centre he is just poor. Even so the fact IL thinks we have a player unsuited to playing centre as opposed to elsewhere playing there and the fact we actually went and signed him as a centre presumably knowing his limitations already is pretty bad. I wonder if Sarge knows IL thinks he's not much of a centre?
There are very few good centres in SL and of the ones that are none are available within our budget. Our youngsters are not ready, we tried to sign a PNG centre who couldn't get a work permit and others that we were interested in would not be released by their clubs. Had we gone into the season playing Bateman, Worthington, Forsyth or Higginson at centre this site would be in meltdown. In the circumstances, I think the club has made the right call.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards