Wane Unconcerned about losing players to the NRL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wane Unconcerned about losing players to the NRL

Post by Wandering Warrior »

JUKESAYS wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Perhaps there'll be an uncovering of more rose tinted glasses?????
Simply by quoting facts?
Quoting facts? Which W? From where I'm sat one talks bs and the other dotes on it!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:A coach saying he is unconcerned about losing his best players is just plain stupid. He'd be plenty concerned if his best players got career ending injuries and it doesn't matter if the only thing you could do then is try an replace them because he'd be very concerned!

Wane's is an interviewers delight. He will always say plenty and still has not learned when to say little or nothing.
Coaches always lose players that part I can actually agree with Wane on. You can not stop best players moving on. Where he should be Very concerned about is the recruitment or lack of it when one goes. To be fair they did ok with losing Sam Tomkins. Worry for me is that apart from Bowen we have not actually got 1 quality player in since the Storm trio. Not counting returning players.

SOL is on his way out sooner or later so is Bateman apparently. That is what I am most worried about its not losing players but who replaces them.
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
JUKESAYS wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Perhaps there'll be an uncovering of more rose tinted glasses?????
Simply by quoting facts?
Quoting facts? Which W? From where I'm sat one talks bs and the other dotes on it!
I thought you were implying that some people were wearing rose tinted glasses by defending wane?

All I did was quote the interview in full were Wane said he would do all he can to keep his best players, but if he couldn't he'd get on with the job.
Not cherry pick one headline or one aspect of what he said to suit agendas

If you weren't implying that I misinterpreted and apologise.

If you were then my point still stands, when read in full I'm not sure what was wrong with what wane said.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

In this instance Wane was either pimping his players or bigging up the fact that Bateman and Sutton are actually fulfilling the rumours going about and that's his way of dealing with it?
He can't resist not saying anything and he never thinks before he opens his mouth!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I can't see a problem with what he said personally. Asked a direct question he gave a good answer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:I can't see a problem with what he said personally. Asked a direct question he gave a good answer.
Why do you think saying he is unconcerned about losing top players is a good answer? He doesn't even believe it himself. Who is he trying to fool?

You can only go so far putting a positive spin on bad situations before all but the deluded know you are just spinning a line.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
Mike wrote:I can't see a problem with what he said personally. Asked a direct question he gave a good answer.
Why do you think saying he is unconcerned about losing top players is a good answer? He doesn't even believe it himself. Who is he trying to fool?

You can only go so far putting a positive spin on bad situations before all but the deluded know you are just spinning a line.
So your a psychic now you know what people think. Having an opinion as you do on many issues here is a good thing but never assume you know what anyone thinks. Unless you know Wane and talked to him do you really know what he thinks or do you have an opinion on what he thinks.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Maybe he isn't bothered because we have better players coming in to replace them
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

thegimble wrote:
DaveO wrote:

So your a psychic now you know what people think. Having an opinion as you do on many issues here is a good thing but never assume you know what anyone thinks. Unless you know Wane and talked to him do you really know what he thinks or do you have an opinion on what he thinks.
Said it before,some peoole have opinions and if certain others don't like them they're ridiculed and torn to shreds
Others have opinions that are just facts, end of.

As for the quote certain people have cherry picked, I still say it is completely different context when quoted in full.

I've even seen some people posting that there happy a player hasn't performed well because the NRL wont come knocking.
Not me

I want every player playing as well.as they can and of that means in 3/4 years time.we have to worry about keeping them then so be it, that's better than them not playing well or as I've suggested numerous times before they won't sign long term contracts with Wigan in the first place.
Bateman signed a 5yr deal (iirc) with a get out after 3 for the NRL. He could just not have signed it andnleft the year after.

I know which is my preferable.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Wane cant win with what he says these days because our fans will shoot him down no matter what. Fact is there is nothing he/club can do to stop players going nrl because they want to test themselves in a far superior comp, payed more and enjoy the lifestyle. Its like championship football team like aston villa or leeds united player being wanted by likes of liverpool united or city... Its a no brainer.
IN WANE WE TRUST