Hardaker!!!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: Hardaker!!!!

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:This does seem to be gathering a lot of pace and no one has come out to squash it yet but there are three elephants in the room here

1) castleford - why would they let him go? I follow him on Instagram and he has been hanging around with the cas lads and training in cas gear - seems weird he would be cast aside without a substantial monetary incentive to do so

2) position and requirements - we have 2 full backs who are good enough to start, we also signed a centre that somehow wane thinks is good enough to start so if we were to sign Zak as a centre that would mean sarge would need to make way.

3) wage - Zak could command big wage even with his history certainly at the likes of Salford for example where he is a class above their squad. Assuming for a minute that we pay for this with fpn wage that means we are losing a forward in an already lightweight pack - so we would need to spend that money on a forward not another back and we certainly couldn’t afford both with the wage Zak would command

What if Escare in the other direction was the fee?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Really don't want to lose Escaré.

And what Wigan_forever says.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:What if Escare in the other direction was the fee?
Pretty poor move by the club if so. Swap a player who has shown a lot of promise, not put a foot wrong discipline wise for a player basically sacked by his last two clubs? Not the sort of dealing I expect from Wigan.

I always think the club should sign quality players if they become available regardless of who's place they may take. Wigan never shirked from doing that in the past and the first time I can recollect them doing it was replacing the promising Mick Ford who had wona CC medal with Andy Gregory. Loyalty is a fan thing, not a club or player thing. Onwards an upwards and all that but this Hardaker rumour? It's huge risk if true.

Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:What if Escare in the other direction was the fee?
Pretty poor move by the club if so. Swap a player who has shown a lot of promise, not put a foot wrong discipline wise for a player basically sacked by his last two clubs? Not the sort of dealing I expect from Wigan.

I always think the club should sign quality players if they become available regardless of who's place they may take. Wigan never shirked from doing that in the past and the first time I can recollect them doing it was replacing the promising Mick Ford who had wona CC medal with Andy Gregory. Loyalty is a fan thing, not a club or player thing. Onwards an upwards and all that but this Hardaker rumour? It's huge risk if true.

Don’t you kind of contradict yourself a little.

Who’s the better fullback, Hardaker or Escare?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hardaker is going to serve a ban,possibly a long one so that said when is Sams contract up?1,2 years from now regardless of what we think of Hardaker he is class and one without the baggage we all would welcome playing for Wigan.

If a ban is incoming of say 2 years he may be seen as a replacement for either of the two full backs who knows,for me in this era of very few real talents in our game he may be worth the risk,to let him go elsewhere and at least not examine the possibility of bringing the player here is bold and chance taking and that’s something that can’t be said in the Lenegan era
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It seems some think 12 games and back dated may be what he gets from what I gather.
Again I would not want it to involve Escare but I have felt like that before and been wrong.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I suppose it’s when the drugs were taken,if it’s deemed in competition then he’s screwed,otherwise it could well be a short ban..time to get it sorted out me thinks one way or another.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Just to add more fuel to the fire, Cas have just sacked Hardaker. Its just come up on my news feed

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Sutty wrote:Just to add more fuel to the fire, Cas have just sacked Hardaker. Its just come up on my news feed
Now that is fuel to the fire situation. FPN goes and this on the same day. Could be nothing but coincidence. But who knows now. If and I say if the ban is small like Ben Barba and we sign him he is an upgrade on Escarae on the pitch if he stays focused on it.

Issues are off it. Have a gut feeling if we sign him now and ban is not lengthy he will go centre instead of Sarge.
Wes

Post by Wes »

He was the best FB in the comp by a mile! If he’s free to play it will be between him and Barba.