Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Tonights game

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote:
Barney841 wrote:First thing in training, show gildart how to pass the bloody ball!!!
And show Joel how not to
????????????????
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Had to laff at barrie macs comments about joels passes mostly coming off...... the mind boggles
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

fozzieskem wrote:Flashback to last season utterly clueless in attack

Wigan’s best prop now plays for Wire

The change around doesn’t work it’s been worked out for me after 3 games,get Sam in the halves asap

But early days yet

Jet lag won’t have helped either
Harsh on Clubb. He was head and shoulders above anyone else in a Wigan shirt tonight. No one else seemed to want it.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Firestarter wrote:Had to laff at barrie macs comments about joels passes mostly coming off...... the mind boggles
...or on how Atkins didn't play at that ball.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Isa and Powell not good enough. Williams and Gildart totally off form and our best second row forward in the centre. Add that to every 50-50 going against us and a soft pack now MM and FPN have left and the result wasnt that bad.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

SW comments were harsh....WE WERE SOFT AND DIDNT COMPETE.....I WONT PUT UP WITH THIS AGAIN....... well im afraid i( along with many others)said we wouldnt put up with your s@@t tactics for the last couple ov seasons......its same same same as soon as we go behind.... our forwards very rarely go
forward...... we have small backs getting smashed( doing the forwards work)and our kicking game must be the worst in the league...... oooh and our left too right attack is awful
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

yokozuna wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Had to laff at barrie macs comments about joels passes mostly coming off...... the mind boggles
...or on how Atkins didn't play at that ball.
Right in front of me that drop it was harder to drop it than score
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Love him or hate him Gelling will be a big loss .
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote:Love him or hate him Gelling will be a big loss .
For the 5 games he turned up
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Not read any previous comments prior to me posting this because i don't want my view to be swayed but here is my take on what i have just witnessed.

That was right up there with one of the worst (bar the last 15 mins) performances i have seen from a Wigan side. I am not talking about 2005-2006 when we virtually played the youth team for the big drubbings but this is a team full of high earning players. I will cut them some slack though because i have thought all week that we would lose this game. The time differences and jet lag was always going to be the biggest opponent tonight but i thought it would be the other way around. i thought we would start well and then ebb out of the game but we did it in reverse. I don't think it was much a case of us starting to play well i think it was more that Warrington had played at 100mph for 65 mins and just ran out of fuel. From what i have seen so far Sam Powell at 7 is an absolute passenger, he just does nothing. Less than Matty Smith in fact. Tommy L is just too far past his best (oh for a scampering hooker) I was begging on't t'other board in the winter that we should be making a cash strapped Widnes an offer for Danny Walker, he could develop into something special here. He doesn't fit into 'one of the boys' category though, he isn't a sh*thouse is he? Wane reverted back to type tonight, all the talk in the off season about learning from mistakes and playing expansive rugby was just talk to save his skin. All i saw tonight was give it to ineffective props to plod up the middle and then kick it towards Lineham... yeah good idea that one. Thought Sam, Marshall and Davies tried their best to get us moving forward but how many times in a match can you do that from your own line. Escare looked like he could create something when he came on. Joel effectively cost us any chance of a comeback with that pathetic offload. Bateman tried but Davies might as well have been sat in the stands for all the service he got. Lockers was just Lockers and Farrell looked like he just wanted to go hunting from minute 1. I will forgive them that performance though but i don't want a repeat.

What i will say though is, If that is the best Warrington can do after 65 minutes of super intense attacking pressure to beat a team in our circumstances by only 6 points then they can enjoy this win because frankly Featherstone would have given us a game tonight. If that is the best they can come up with then they are in for a loooong season. The chanting from their fans was extremely embarrassing and just showed them for what they are and always have been. They can have that victory tonight, i hope they enjoy it because 'their year' will have to wait for at least another season.