Rubbish on the pitch.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Rubbish on the pitch.

Post by ian.birchall »

No I am not being cruel. All through the game WISH were remarking about the amount of litter blowing on the pitch. Having watched the highlights on Wigantv I see what they meant.
I just wonder if they had put a plastic cover over the pitch before the snow arrived and if this got shredded when they took it off.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Re: Rubbish on the pitch.

Post by josie andrews »

It was everyday litter! Plastic bags, toffee wrappers, crisp packets etc
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Very lazy by the grounds men. Being a site manager I know it doesn't take much to go around with a bin bag and a rubbish picker to collect up the rubbish. The pitch at the south end was covered plastic bags, napkins, crisp packets etc.

Matt
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It looked terrible. I showed my wife the highlights today on Wigan TV and it was the first thing she commented on.

It was very windy but I have never seen litter blown in like that before.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I haven't seen it yet so can't really comment but surely it would of been free of litter before the game? I'm sure the grounds Keeper's would of had the place right before kick off. My money's on people on the day leaving litter under their seat and the gale force winds blowing it every where
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

w.thomas wrote:I haven't seen it yet so can't really comment but surely it would of been free of litter before the game? I'm sure the grounds Keeper's would of had the place right before kick off. My money's on people on the day leaving litter under their seat and the gale force winds blowing it every where
Well you've lost your money. Why bother replying to a subject when you didn't bother going.

The rubbish was there at the beggining, it looked like a bin bag had been left open and blowed onto the pitch.

In the first half it was better watching than the team.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I sat on the left side of the south (looking down on the pitch) and a lot of that rubbish was going through the gap in the stadium, which just happens to face the new position of the burger van. Paper towels etc getting blown in to the stadium all the way through the match.
If I was in charge i'd question why the match day crew didn't clear the pitch before kick off but I doubt they were even asked. Plus it would of only been a temporary fix, maybe move the burger van back to it's normal position which was less exposed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Simply bad wind contributed to it. Not really an issue.

What is an issue is Chequerbent roundabout that is awful with litter in the trees blown from an adjoining recycling plant. Looks like "Little Warsaw" in Leigh
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Chequerbent roundabout is in westhoughton lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Josie's friend wrote:I sat on the left side of the south (looking down on the pitch) and a lot of that rubbish was going through the gap in the stadium, which just happens to face the new position of the burger van. Paper towels etc getting blown in to the stadium all the way through the match.
If I was in charge i'd question why the match day crew didn't clear the pitch before kick off but I doubt they were even asked. Plus it would of only been a temporary fix, maybe move the burger van back to it's normal position which was less exposed.
Yes move it back to its original position, it took up my “normal” parking spot ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan