Re: Paul returning to league

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I heard that he was possibly coming back to league. Where did you hear about the clubs that are after him?

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

pie eaters posted:
Henry Paul is on his way bwack to league and it seems a straight battle between the newly formed Harliquins RL and Huddersfield giants with his brother . But also in the chase is bradford bulls and the Wigan Warriors
Are there any player that Wigan aren't apparently interested in.
mrs_carney

Re: Paul returning to leag...

Post by mrs_carney »

Sutty posted:
I heard that he was possibly coming back to league. Where did you hear about the clubs that are after him?
It was in the daily express, which i have to say usually is right! In which case hes joining robbie at hudds or the harlequins, didnt mention Wigan.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I don't think it's any big surprise really you telling us that. The guy has never really settled in Union and he is unhappy with his club at present. A return to league would be the perfect situation for him, as most clubs would want him in their squad. It would be a nice lettle pay day to finish his career too.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I wouldn't mind Henry Paul coming back to Wigan if it was possible, but only if he can prove himself to be fit for a season or two in Super League.

If Henry signed he could provide cover at full back, centre and stand off, as well as supplying a bit more experience into the squad.

So I think he's worth a shot but only if his fitness can be proved. I still remember that try he scored from the drop out against Saints at Central Park, class !!
walsall warrior

Post by walsall warrior »

Would not want him back.Thought he was bigger than the club when he was at wigan.Seem to think the same thing happened at bradford and now in union.Great player in his time but not now.
form is temporary class is permenant
heydude

Post by heydude »

The man took his 30 pieces of sliver and now he wants to come back to league i would tell him to stick his services where the sun doesn't shine, he turned his back on the game and his country now that it hasn't gone his way he wants people to accept him back with open arms the shame of the matter is the super league clubs will do this instead of telling him to go away and that he is now a hasbeen.
don't eat yellow snow
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

walsall warrior posted:
Would not want him back.Thought he was bigger than the club when he was at wigan.Seem to think the same thing happened at bradford and now in union.Great player in his time but not now.
walsall warrior posted:
Spot on.Big attitude problem and likely to come back as a lesser player.Harris hardly came back as an improved player and having watched HP play for Gloucester the same has happened.I seem to recall when Bradford tonked everyone in the Middlesex 7's that the Bulls players were shocked at how bulky & slow HP had become.Not one for the future at Wigan under any circumstances.
He would probably need to take a pay cut given the daft package the ru offered him.
heydude

Post by heydude »

pie eaters posted:
I would welcome Henry paul back with opne arms anytime he is a legend
that should be he was a legend.
don't eat yellow snow
heydude

Post by heydude »

pie eaters posted:
Still is and much better than Danny orr