Warrior Women

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PF Warrior

Warrior Women

Post by PF Warrior »

Great start Warriors 54 Featherstone 0. The Warriors Women team played for a full 80 minutes. Maybe our mens team should have been there so they could see how it's done. Congratulations girls you did the club proud.
southernpie

Re: Warrior Women

Post by southernpie »

Well impressed and by the way they played, some big hits in defence, skill with the ball in hand, and some sublime play especially from the skipper, listening to the commentary all the lady commentator kept on about was the pride in the jumper,even to the extent that they wouldn't wear the wigan strip against Widnes in a warm up game, they wanted to keep the honour of wearing it for the first time until they played their first competetive match today

Congratulations Warrior Women on a job well done, bring on the Whinos next
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Fantastic debut congratulations.great week for the club 5 teams 5 wins.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just thought, well, I'll watch the first ten minutes on Wigan TV and have a look, and I was enthralled and watched the whole game. If any posters here haven't watched it yet, you should! :D I was so impressed with the organisation in defence in the first half especially, when Fev were posing a threat, but on the back of that, some lovely skilfull attacking play. The importance of a good spine shone through; I thought the 1,6,7, and 13 were all talented players, and the big blonde lass at prop could sure play a bit, with lovely soft hands. Not to mention a left centre who looked like Oli Gildart on a good day! :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I never got to see it, but caught some of the Bradford Leeds game, from what i saw there where some big hits going in, one player for Bradford, she was either number 4 or 14 went on a charge that blew the defender off her feet, reminded me of Inga, if only we had players with that sort of enthusiasm in the team
markill

Post by markill »

Full back Becky Greenfield was excellent, she basically looked like the female version of what Escare did in the first half of the reserves the day before. I also watched most of the Bradford v Leeds game too and I'd say it was between her and Lois Forsell at Leeds for who was the player of the round.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod