George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

His stats speak for themselves.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:Yeah we do. Williams wasn't great tonight, but he still scored a try and had a very good assist. I'd be happy to see Escaré given a shot at 7, though.
Escape will play next week.
Great escape, presumably? :)
Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:I thought half backs where supposed to be the creative players, am I missing something?
They are supposed to be but currently Wigan's two most creative players are Lockers and Sam T, and the latter ran the show tonight.

I don't know if its tactics, lack of confidence, trying too hard or what but neither Powell nor Williams look assured.
Slight contradiction there though isn’t there give that GW has the most try assists in the league.

I’d say try assists converts to creation so we have the most creative HB in the league yet people aren’t happy!

I happen to think he needs to up his running game again but on the whole he’s doing a great job as part of this team.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well as usual the truth is somewhere in between. Yes, Williams has the try assists, but we all know he has more potential in him, and has areas of his game he needs to improve. Primarily for me his long kicking game, which is pretty poor.
ian b

Post by ian b »

medlocke wrote:Wasn't he only given the Marque position to stop other clubs from poaching him? fans need to stop bitching and moaning and show him some support, if you want to bitch and moan there's always Sam Powell :D
Wigan could win by 100 and still some on here would slate half the team,
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

There is no doubt that Sam and Lockers are running the show and Williams and Powell are average at best.It is easy to say we should not moan but we have had no injuries to our leaders as in Sam, Lockers, Tommy or Faz.Lets see what happens if and when we do.
ian b

Post by ian b »

oldhooker wrote:There is no doubt that Sam and Lockers are running the show and Williams and Powell are average at best.It is easy to say we should not moan but we have had no injuries to our leaders as in Sam, Lockers, Tommy or Faz.Lets see what happens if and when we do.
according to some on here not so long ago Sam shouldnt be here and im pretty sure that Oloughlin has been labeled a liability so every player kops it which i find unfair to be honest
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:Yeah we do. Williams wasn't great tonight, but he still scored a try and had a very good assist. I'd be happy to see Escaré given a shot at 7, though.
Escape will play next week.
Great escape, presumably? :)
:lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

for gods sake give it a rest

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable

ian b

Post by ian b »

the pieman wrote:i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

for gods sake give it a rest

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable

:lol: