George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: George Williiams is never a marquee player!!

Post by the pieman »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
the pieman wrote:i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

for gods sake give it a rest

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable

Well there we are then. Might as well close the site down as everything is fantastic and nothing wrong with the club whatsoever. If you have an opinion about anything at all - keep it to yourself as it is utterly worthless, a bit like complaining about anything at all as "the pieman" thinks we should all he "happy" no matter what contrives throughout the rest of the season. I mean jesus we might as well issue trophies and titles now with all we have achieved :roll:
what a shock a complete misinterpretation of what i posted

if you read it clearly then you will see that i quite clearly say everyone is entitled to their opinion

the complete repetitive nature of the pick a scape goat by day / week / month / season / year is boring to say the least

i personally am far from happy with the standard of RL on show generally (not just Wigan) and have posted as such but dont keep going on and on about it like some posters on here, and i have tried in the past to be constructive with where i would make improvements

it makes trying to come on and have a quick look and perhaps even a reasoned debate with fellow fans rather difficult when all you see is constant negativity

but hey if thats what you want to do go ahead and enjoy being a miserable boring whinging so and so
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

old hooker wrote:
the pieman wrote:i dont know why half of the posters bother watching the game cos all they do is moan like F***

last week GW wanted a ball all to himself and he doesnt pass it. This week he doenst run enough. the lad cant win
he's not worth his money, never a marquee player, not good enough for Wigan, he's just generally c*** etc etc etc

yes we are all entitled to our opinions but why not give some credit or try to be constructive to the lad instead of the constant negativity.

if its not SW, IL or KR, or any of the players that just clearly shouldnt be on a rugby pitch according to some on here - god i bet you have never made a mistake at work or are so perfect it is unbelievable
If you pay your money, wether it be on the gate, on Sky TV or in the Warriors shop you are entitled to criticise so if you dont like it dont read it, and ill still say Williams is not good enough.

never said people arent entitled to criticise - just very boring when thats all some people do

not sure if theres a sweepstake for scapegoat of the week or not

just makes not reading very difficult when the same s**** it repeatedly posted and you may perhaps want to have a reasoned conversation or debate with someone
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:

If you pay your money, wether it be on the gate, on Sky TV or in the Warriors shop you are entitled to criticise so if you dont like it dont read it, and ill still say Williams is not good enough.

Would you be happy if George Williams signed for Saints, Wire, Leeds etc?
Do you think their fans would be delighted if he did?
How much do you think it would cost for a like for like replacement and who would you want?

I don't know why, but in general it seems our young players get put on a pedestal and some fans take great delight in trying to knock them off it. "Tall poppy syndrome"
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think one of the big problems players have is to carry on playing well after a lot of good publicity. Williams was fantastic when he first started playing, to the point of Sky bigging him up every week and everyone talking about the future England captain.

So what do other teams do, they target him, get in his face more and put him of his game. Before the hype they didn't know who he was so left him alone.

I think this is also the case with Gildart. He took defences by surprise with his skill and pace. Now they know who he is so watch him more, this meaning he doesn't stand out as much. Its second season syndrome. It take a very good player to get through this and push on, Bateman comes to mind and in recent games Sutton.

I actually still rate Williams and if someone asked who I would hate to lose to Saints/Wire then he would be in my top 3. So maybe he is worth a marquee spot and the other one for Bateman or Sam.

4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

medlocke wrote:Was watching a couple of his compilation vids on youtube earlier, he was astounding in some of the clips, what has happened to him, is it the way he is being coached/asked to play
Your absolutely Spot on i think.Thinking about GW.The Traditional or classic style of the team and his position are now changed,they have without a doubt.Most would agree for the better i am sure.Hence he isnt the same player.Adapting and changing the role.Improve his weaker areas.Which to be fair he has,his kicking is better,but needs more detail/quality.Maybe we are harsh,but its because we care .

Plumber to joiner,to electrician again.....ho no, .

4G:
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

at the present time he is performing as though he performing in a Marquee
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

the pieman

Post by the pieman »

4 Generations wrote:
medlocke wrote:Was watching a couple of his compilation vids on youtube earlier, he was astounding in some of the clips, what has happened to him, is it the way he is being coached/asked to play
Your absolutely Spot on i think.Thinking about GW.The Traditional or classic style of the team and his position are now changed,they have without a doubt.Most would agree for the better i am sure.Hence he isnt the same player.Adapting and changing the role.Improve his weaker areas.Which to be fair he has,his kicking is better,but needs more detail/quality.Maybe we are harsh,but its because we care .

Plumber to joiner,to electrician again.....ho no, .

4G:
one of the things i noticed on Friday was our flat attacking line which doesnt help

there was a couple of times he was caught in possession but it appeared to be more that the Cas line was up and in our faces, so he had no option but to run or take the tackle

i am sure if we ran a deeper line, that would give us more attacking options with regards to runners and GW the opportunity to either take on the line or pass