Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It would be 14 months from when he was first suspended. Which I think was last September. As I understand it any player having been banned can commence training 3 months prior to the end of the ban.

If this is true then he can start training this coming August and be available to play from November 2018.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:It would be 14 months from when he was first suspended. Which I think was last September. As I understand it any player having been banned can commence training 3 months prior to the end of the ban.

If this is true then he can start training this coming August and be available to play from November 2018.
Wasn't it the week before the GF in October? That’s why he didnt play.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Moley on Twitter is saying that Hardaker to Wigan is a done deal.

Matt
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The 2017 GF was 7th October and as far as I remember he was suspended just over a week before the game.
That's why I said September, might be wrong though.
It does look though that he will be available for 2019 season if these rumours are true.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:The 2017 GF was 7th October and as far as I remember he was suspended just over a week before the game.
That's why I said September, might be wrong though.
It does look though that he will be available for 2019 season if these rumours are true.
Sorry Ted, couldn’t remember the date of the GF so you will definitely be right ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Not totally sure when the commencement of any suspension would kick in ? Remember, the suspension leading up to the GF, and since, was imposed by his club only, because of revelations coming to light in the media. However, it's WADA who are the body responsible, who have been carrying out testing over this lengthy period. And presumably it will be they who finally announce their sentence on him, as happens with athletes in other sports ? And as it's WADA's findings, I imagine any suspension would start with their announcement, which presumably will take precedence over anything Cas do ?
That is unless, WADA then take into account the length of time already served by that club, and so reduce their ban by that amount, or they could simply discount any length they choose, as the governing body in world drugs monitoring, it is they who'll dictate any final outcome ?
Far from cut and dried, seemingly.