Joe Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Joe Burgess

Post by yokozuna »

First Try Tickle wrote:Its that pitch again. Its not just Wigan that have injuries from playing on it, I can't believe other teams allow it. For a full contact support to play on something so hard and unforgiving is crazy.
Is there a higher number of injuries on that pitch compared to all the others, or is it just something that people notice when it happens there?

If it does cause more injuries, wouldn't that affect Widnes more than others. Do they have far more leg injuries than all the other clubs?

Do we train on their pitch, which would explain all the injuries we have had over the past few seasons...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Is this the start of our injury nightmare? Such bad luck for Joe!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

So are we to excuse Wane for not playing Tomkins on that pitch again
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

pearsy wrote:So are we to excuse Wane for not playing Tomkins on that pitch again
And the 3 or 4 others.

He's always had a cautious approach to this fixture, for obvious reasons - perhaps all the posts re Team selection for this game can now understand why ?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Gutted for joe but watching the replays he seem to just land funnily...... nothing to do with the pitch imo........ i still dont agree with that pitch though...... time to go back to normal
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Shame for joe. Started to show some real good form. Let’s just hope he recovers from this bad injury well.
The only upside is that he won’t be leaving for the NRL anytime soon now