Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldhooker

Re: Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Post by oldhooker »

southportcdm wrote:Signing Zak after losing Sam means us making the best of a difficult situation (i.e. Sam not being happy with the contract offered) so well done to the club. However, we still need to sort out who will organise the team, instead of Sam, on the field next season. Development of one of the halfbacks we already have or sign another?
Do you really think letting our best player(along with Lockers) leave the club is good?It is madness, there is room at the club for both Sam and Hardaker.

joeb

Post by joeb »

Was told that if cats go down then Sam stays :o
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

joeb wrote:Was told that if cats go down then Sam stays :o
So we get to keep a player that doesn't want to be at the club
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry but whoever told you that is talking sh*te. The money is there regardless of where catalan are playing for the next 4 years. The ball is in Sams court to play how he wants. but there is a swerve ball in there I am led to believe cats arnt the only club in sl in the running.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

medlocke wrote:
So we get to keep a player that doesn't want to be at the club
At that point the equation changes and we maybe his best option - so he would want to stay. But I don't have any idea what the implications are if Cats go down.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Hoped ST would stay longhaul.St has gone[byby] and we have ZH.

Wigan should have room for both,its WRLFC FGS.May wish they had or should have been able to have both players.Fullbacks have changed since George Fairburn,even Hampsons day.A Fullbacks role has changed.
ZH and st are about best at it anywhere.

Lets hope Zac realises ITS THE REAL THING and doesn't go round thinking THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING,THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING. One day we will all sit and have a joke and a smile about it all.

4G :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I amy be in a minority but I wouldn't be giving up on Sam Powell at 7 yet. I think he's been decent in the last couple of games (better than Williams, overall) and is growing into the role. He's had one or two poor games, but I think the criticism of him has been way OTT.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

moto748 wrote:I amy be in a minority but I wouldn't be giving up on Sam Powell at 7 yet. I think he's been decent in the last couple of games (better than Williams, overall) and is growing into the role. He's had one or two poor games, but I think the criticism of him has been way OTT.
Minority of two then Moto. Don't know why Powell is rubbished so much. Maybe i know nowt but i really don't get it .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The sooner this is announced the better,Hardaker is a class player,one I’ve always fancied to have at Wigan and as long as the only dragon he’s chasing comes from Catalan I don’t have a right to know about his private life.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:I amy be in a minority but I wouldn't be giving up on Sam Powell at 7 yet. I think he's been decent in the last couple of games (better than Williams, overall) and is growing into the role. He's had one or two poor games, but I think the criticism of him has been way OTT.
Minority of two then Moto. Don't know why Powell is rubbished so much. Maybe i know nowt but i really don't get it .

Regards , EW
Make that three then,fan favourite Williams is being shown up by him to be honest I don’t think long term he’s the answer but he’s growing into the role.