Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4 Generations

Re: Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Post by 4 Generations »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:I amy be in a minority but I wouldn't be giving up on Sam Powell at 7 yet. I think he's been decent in the last couple of games (better than Williams, overall) and is growing into the role. He's had one or two poor games, but I think the criticism of him has been way OTT.
Minority of two then Moto. Don't know why Powell is rubbished so much. Maybe i know nowt but i really don't get it .

Regards , EW
On Powell,i am the same.Yes ther are better,but Powell is no worse than a 7 owta 10in any game.I am Happy with him and been glad we have at times.An alternative breathing down his neck would help keep him on his game.
Best to let Sam go though and embrace the the fact,you Can't Beat The Real Thing.I can almost Taste the feeling.Zac i hope is red and white and lets face it,you Can't beat the feeling and
La vida sabe bien.

4G :D
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Happy with this. I suspect we are getting him far cheaper than if he hadn’t been banned. If so, and he is not a marquee player, then we can still bring another one in, or maybe give the spot to Bateman. If we keep Bateman and Gildart then I am happy enough with our business.
People assume Tomkins will be great for the next 4 years on the basis of a few half decent games this year. Looking at his efforts over the last 5 seasons that is truly delusional.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:I amy be in a minority but I wouldn't be giving up on Sam Powell at 7 yet. I think he's been decent in the last couple of games (better than Williams, overall) and is growing into the role. He's had one or two poor games, but I think the criticism of him has been way OTT.
Minority of two then Moto. Don't know why Powell is rubbished so much. Maybe i know nowt but i really don't get it .

Regards , EW
Minority of four ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Happy with this. I suspect we are getting him far cheaper than if he hadn’t been banned. If so, and he is not a marquee player, then we can still bring another one in, or maybe give the spot to Bateman. If we keep Bateman and Gildart then I am happy enough with our business.
People assume Tomkins will be great for the next 4 years on the basis of a few half decent games this year. Looking at his efforts over the last 5 seasons that is truly delusional.
Yep agreed. The Sam T situation reminds me of when Michael Owen went to Newcatsle via Real Madrid. People assumed because he was brilliant at Liverpool before Madrid that he would be again after wretched injuries and poor form. He did indeed have a couple of purple patches but never got back to where he was. Sam is the same. it is impossible for him to return to how he used to be and for him to want 4 years on top dollar is pushing the club too far. I stand by my original post that we have the best deal out of this if ZH joins.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:I stand by my original post that we have the best deal out of this if ZH joins.

Not if we lose Gildart, Bateman and Sutton too.

I just think that Sam T will want some wriggle room if Cats could be relegated. I don't think this soap opera is over yet!
joeb

Post by joeb »

The swerve ball as you put it is,if cats go down he stays
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

joeb wrote:The swerve ball as you put it is,if cats go down he stays
Been stated on RLfans by a respected member that he will be going to Cats regardless of their SL status, the money is there for him whether they stay up or go down, He is gone, just deal with it and move on
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote:
joeb wrote:The swerve ball as you put it is,if cats go down he stays
Been stated on RLfans by a respected member that he will be going to Cats regardless of their SL status, the money is there for him whether they stay up or go down, He is gone, just deal with it and move on
Spot on. Think people need to stop whinging about players moving on, it happens.
Just worry who’s replacing them as we can’t stop players moving on but we should make better choices on who will replace them
joeb

Post by joeb »

I have moved on as you put it if it was up to me he has made his bed as the saying goes he can't pick and choose when it suits him if in was the coach he wouldn't be playing for us now get shut he's nowt but a bully so in my opinion we need to get used to him not being at Wigan in was on stating what he told one of his mates
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

joeb wrote:I have moved on as you put it if it was up to me he has made his bed as the saying goes he can't pick and choose when it suits him if in was the coach he wouldn't be playing for us now get shut he's nowt but a bully so in my opinion we need to get used to him not being at Wigan in was on stating what he told one of his mates
No probs, I got you mixed up with another poster :blush: , I agree, if he doesn't want to be here then ship him out, We should loan him out to Doncaster, yes it could put a dampener on this season but it would show all our current and future players that no player is bigger than the mighty Wigan because currently we are a soft touch