19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by Firestarter »

Rest a player( joel tomkiins perfect example) he played at widnes because we were short of forwards and did nothing v salford.......also who said play escare in the halves??? Not me as i see sam t as our best option....... just because we are winning it doesn’t necessarily mean we are doing everything right
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Also if we are playing our best players( or form players)how is sarge in the team????im still waiting for navarette too impress me....... if we were lising he would be slated imo
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Sam T in the halves and escare at fullback was some of the most exciting rugby ive watched from wigan in years..

Sam T may be the better player but Escare has the speed to take advantage of the holes and overlaps our structure creates. Im very dissapointed hes not being picked at the moment.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Hamlin is Australian so he must be good and therefore deserves a chance, if however he was born in Lancashire or Yorkshire he wouldn’t be given a second thought in my opinion!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I just think its better to give the odd player experience rather than blood too many at once....we nearly come unstuck at widnes doing the above........ide like to see one ov our young centres given a chance at right centre but it wont happen
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

i agree TBW
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

We have got through to the quarter finals HKR10 Wigan 28, but once again Lockers goes off and we are like headless chickens. FFS we need to get over this. In the second half we played 12 men, but in the early part of the second half it didnt sound like we were, (I'm away on holiday so listened to it on line). It sounded like were making hard work of it, (no lockers).

We are not going to have Lockers for much longer as a player, what happens when he stands down who do youi think is going to be the one to step up and take over the leaders mantle. For me I cannot see who it will be.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Batty was binned for the first ten in the second half so we made it count when we had a full turn out, but the Lockers thing is a mither.
I see the love child played, I'd have liked to have seen Woods and Williams saying Powell will more than likely be 9 next year.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Just back from Humberside.Traffic wasnt half bad,nice suprise.

Seating was crazy,Even Morgan Escare[SPELLING] and his freinds got moved,which was funny.Something about reserve seating in a section of the stand.
Set the tone i thought.Reserved for the under 12s Girls rugby from Orrell St James vs Hull KR mostly.The young Ladys played before the main event.Welldone to them all.Man the games changing.
Credit to Hull KR.They made it hard-work for Wigan. Along with the ref.Obstruction,high tackles,loose carry's/reefing,bad passing.The list goes on with errors.Along with a glorious hot day
Hull KR brought Wigan down to ther level quite quickly.
I have never seen as many players looking frantic as they run round in circles looking for someone to pass to.Comical and i have to say[no disrespect to anyone]Amature at times.
Lack of direction,leadership or perhaps to many cheifs at times and no real Indians.
Danny Tickle started badly from the off and went brain fart for KR.Him off,Bateman 10 mins.Nothing in it at half time on the scoreboard.Which you needed Binoculars to see.
Second half,Hull KR realy did fancy it.Wigans Class kicked in and out when in the end.Fitness and the heat played a part.
Stop start and usual inconsistent ref made it a hecklers feast.
A wins a win.Nuff Said
Wolves next i beleive.
4G
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

4 Generations wrote: A wins a win.Nuff Said
Wolves next i beleive.
It was a "wins a win" v Salford as well. For another win v Wire I think we will have to play better than the last two weeks.