The Wolfs away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: The Wolfs away

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
thegimble wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Nothing like a good posertive post.at our best more than capable of beating both
I never understand fans looking at games the way they are. Both Saints and Wire like many sides in the past will look good destroying sides. Once they get into an arm wrestle they struggle. We only lost at Saints as ST was missing and Escarae was sick.

We lost at Wire due to jet lag issues. We are by far the fittest side in SL.

We are 2nd in SL win the game in had we go same points as Saints. And apparently they are amazing and we are crap.
We lost to saints because the saint half threw the ball out in a tackle and the ref fell for it. That gave stains the lifeline they needed.
We lost because despite that decision we failed to score enough points to make it irrelevant. Being able to whinge about a bad decision does not mask that. The CC v game v the Wire is time for the team to show if it has the potential to be a top team this year.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
thegimble wrote: I never understand fans looking at games the way they are. Both Saints and Wire like many sides in the past will look good destroying sides. Once they get into an arm wrestle they struggle. We only lost at Saints as ST was missing and Escarae was sick.

We lost at Wire due to jet lag issues. We are by far the fittest side in SL.

We are 2nd in SL win the game in had we go same points as Saints. And apparently they are amazing and we are crap.
We lost to saints because the saint half threw the ball out in a tackle and the ref fell for it. That gave stains the lifeline they needed.
We lost because despite that decision we failed to score enough points to make it irrelevant. Being able to whinge about a bad decision does not mask that. The CC v game v the Wire is time for the team to show if it has the potential to be a top team this year.
Have to agree with this bit. We all want to win everything and it is obviously unrealistic. We could lose in the final but if we can get through Warrington away i would say we mean business. Be an interesting game Saturday. It already was.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

medlocke wrote:They are nothing special, they only won today because Thaler gifted them multiple sin bining's and a sending off
Yeh, Dixon was silly but Goodwin was lucky, as he grabbed Dixon from behind he did clock him on the chin, Dixon thought it was Livett punching him and hit back. Goodwin then wrestled Dixon to floor by his kneck.

After that Thaler and Toronto both lost the plot :conf:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

widdenoldboy wrote:
medlocke wrote:They are nothing special, they only won today because Thaler gifted them multiple sin bining's and a sending off
Yeh, Dixon was silly but Goodwin was lucky, as he grabbed Dixon from behind he did clock him on the chin, Dixon thought it was Livett punching him and hit back. Goodwin then wrestled Dixon to floor by his kneck.

Double sin binning would have been sufficient there, after that the game went from enjoyable to a farce
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington Away

Wigan will travel to Warrington in the quarter-finals of the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup.
The Cherry and Whites took their place in the draw after beating Hull KR 28-10 whilst Warrington overcame Toronto Wolfpack 66-10 at the same time.

The only remaining Betfred Championship side, Leigh Centurions, were drawn away against last year’s Betfred Super League champions Leeds Rhinos.

Current Ladbrokes Challenge Cup holders Hull FC will face Super League table toppers St Helens at the Totally Wicked Stadium, while Huddersfield Giants welcome French side Catalans Dragons.

All ties will be played between May 31 and June 3.

All four Quarter-final fixtures will be broadcast live, two games will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two and two will be chosen by Sky Sports. These fixtures will be announced in due course.

2018 Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Quarter-final draw in full is as follows:

St Helens v Hull FC

Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Centurions

Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons

Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors

Full details of the game including the date and time will be confirmed in due course.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... lt3K83I.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wire are far better side now than when they beat Wigan earlier in the season,though they’re far from the finished article,oddly I think this makes them my wildcard for the season and I think they’ll be there about s for a final of some description.

Saturday is the game of the day it should,if both teams play anywhere near their best a cracker.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wire and saints have improved under very good coaches
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wire have improved, but, like Saints, they still have pretty much the core of rubbish players whose limitations remain the same as when they were losing. I can see how Price and particularly Holroyd could transform their teams given time, but this year is too soon for both of them. The key difference with us when McGuire came in was that we had superb players whose talent was being stifled, whereas they have average players (Barba aside who could beat anyone on his own on his day) whose ability is being maximised by superb coaching.
Play to our potential and we will win.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

medlocke wrote:
widdenoldboy wrote:

Double sin binning would have been sufficient there, after that the game went from enjoyable to a farce
I suppose Thaler had to send Dixon off for direct attack to the head but at least one Wire player should have had 10. After that it ruined a big opportunity for RL to show its good side, how the game manages to shoot itself in the foot time after time is a mystery.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I watched it this evening and I have to say I thought that Thaler gave them a little too much leeway as he normally does in fairness,Torronto simply not having any of it then decided to have at it with all and sundry, the only shock was for me that one of their players didn't chin Wolfie they seemed to be having a go at every one else.

If Toronto are to progress to the next level they have to get rid of Rowley,who for me at least isn't a top class coach.