Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Wigan prepare to announce Hardaker arrival

Post by ian b »

DaveO wrote:Over on rlfans there is a Cas poster who is certain Cas will sue Hardaker for breach of contract should he sign for another club. Basically the argument is Cas are £150K out of pocket plus whatever it costs in sorting a replacement out and loss of revenue. So a figure in excess of that £150K is being bandied about.

There is a precedent of a soccer player being sued for his transfer fee by Chelsea having failed a drugs test and being sacked.

No idea if there is anything in this but if there is I can't see Wigan stumping up to help him out. If they did they would have to make him the marquee player for all the wrong reasons otherwise any money paid to him by Wigan to help out would count on the cap.
They sacked him so good luck with that one. If you're banned for steroids does a club try to sue a player then ?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian b wrote:
DaveO wrote:Over on rlfans there is a Cas poster who is certain Cas will sue Hardaker for breach of contract should he sign for another club. Basically the argument is Cas are £150K out of pocket plus whatever it costs in sorting a replacement out and loss of revenue. So a figure in excess of that £150K is being bandied about.

There is a precedent of a soccer player being sued for his transfer fee by Chelsea having failed a drugs test and being sacked.

No idea if there is anything in this but if there is I can't see Wigan stumping up to help him out. If they did they would have to make him the marquee player for all the wrong reasons otherwise any money paid to him by Wigan to help out would count on the cap.
They sacked him so good luck with that one. If you're banned for steroids does a club try to sue a player then ?
Chelsea sacked their player as well. Still sued him

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/ ... tu-chelsea
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
medlocke wrote:
joeb wrote:No problem but what have Doncaster done to you :lol:
I once had a bad experience there involving a rotund girl, a jar of lemon curd and a Batman cape :eusa12: :lol:

Erm,she didn't have a tattoo of an anchor on her left shoulder by any chance
:lol: No she had a tattoo of king kong on her bum
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

medlocke wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
medlocke wrote:I once had a bad experience there involving a rotund girl, a jar of lemon curd and a Batman cape :eusa12: :lol:

Ah,I think that's her mother.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Forgetting the nonsense that’s surrounded his arrival,for me Barba has set the standard for a marquee player,he is worthy of the status,can we really say that about Sam and certainly Williams and other players under the marquee rule?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:

Ah,I think that's her mother.
Hahahaha it very well could be :eusa18: