Super League news: Ben Barba rumoured to be leaving St Helens for the NRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Super League news: Ben Barba rumoured to be leaving St Helens for the NRL

Post by josie andrews »

Barba linked with the NRL

Ben Barba is rumoured to be heading back to the NRL next season after starring for St Helens in the Super League.

Dominating from the full-back position, Barba is favourite to land the Super League Man of Steel following an impressive start to the season which has seen Saints lead the way.

A former Dally M Medal and Grand Final winner with Cronulla Sharks, the talented back is being linked with a return to his former club.

The Australian journalist Brent Read believes Saints’ pursuit of Kevin Naiqama could result in ‘implications’ for Barba’s stay in the UK.

“There’s lots of rumours around right now about Ben Barba — about whether he’s coming home,” Read told Triple M’s Rush Hour with Mark Geyer on Thursday night .

“If Kevin Naiqama goes to St Helens there could be implications there for Ben Barba. Maybe that is as a replacement for Ben Barba. There are a lot of rumours around right now that Ben Barba is coming home.

I know his agent is either about to jump on a plane or is in England as we speak so stay tuned. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some news there in the next few weeks.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ba-1580601
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: Super League news: Ben Barba rumoured to be leaving St Helens...

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He has been quoted as saying that he will stay with Saints and see the season out as he owed it to them.
If he does go I'd imagine Saints will demand a transfer fee.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Wiganer Ted wrote:He has been quoted as saying that he will stay with Saints and see the season out as he owed it to them.
I read the article as him staying at Saints for the season but going to NRL for next
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote:He has been quoted as saying that he will stay with Saints and see the season out as he owed it to them.
If he goes Saints will be half the team they are now.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barba is a top guy, I had the privilege of chatting with him at Magic and he posed for more photographs than Prince Harry with fans of all clubs. Nothing was too much trouble. He is a credit to our great game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards