Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and SW?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think Shaun Wane has proved a good few people wrong including me. I always said that if something consistently happens it isn't chance, wane seems to have been pretty consistent and this year at least seems to have invoked some changes he seems to have sorted the kicking issue and improved our style so fair play.

However what i would say that i still find games pretty non-events to watch nowadays and i think i wrongly directly my dissatisfaction with the rugby on display at Wanes door but really im realising more and more i just dont really find rugby league that good to watch anymore.

I never thought id say that and i have tried to watch games but last about 10mins before i find myself on a iPad or laptop or off making a brew. Its just for me at least, not the sport it once was.

I think Sky have systematically destroyed the game by messing with the format so much that the season has lost all meaning. I think apart from the GF or play-offs i won't be watching rugby week in week out anymore it just bores me, in the same way F1 has become too technical and not enough about the racing, rugby has become too much about athelitiscm for me.

I just cannot get into games anymore they have virtually no drama or intensity about them
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think Shaun Wane has proved a good few people wrong including me. I always said that if something consistently happens it isn't chance, wane seems to have been pretty consistent and this year at least seems to have invoked some changes he seems to have sorted the kicking issue and improved our style so fair play.

However what i would say that i still find games pretty non-events to watch nowadays and i think i wrongly directly my dissatisfaction with the rugby on display at Wanes door but really im realising more and more i just dont really find rugby league that good to watch anymore.

I never thought id say that and i have tried to watch games but last about 10mins before i find myself on a iPad or laptop or off making a brew. Its just for me at least, not the sport it once was.

I think Sky have systematically destroyed the game by messing with the format so much that the season has lost all meaning. I think apart from the GF or play-offs i won't be watching rugby week in week out anymore it just bores me, in the same way F1 has become too technical and not enough about the racing, rugby has become too much about athelitiscm for me.

I just cannot get into games anymore they have virtually no drama or intensity about them
To be honest i'm struggling myself to watch it. I've been going 30 something years and i have to agree with you i really don't see the creative rugby i used to watch which is a shame and i think the game is a little void of the characters it once had
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think Shaun Wane has proved a good few people wrong including me. I always said that if something consistently happens it isn't chance, wane seems to have been pretty consistent and this year at least seems to have invoked some changes he seems to have sorted the kicking issue and improved our style so fair play.

Thanks for saving me sometime. I agree.

We are a lot better this season anyone who thinks not is delusional. But there is no drama in the games until the playoffs and CC games and that's a shame.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

No drama! I was listening on Wigan tv and there was plenty of drama in the last ten minutes.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think so too. The current set-up is far from ideal, but points and momentum still matter, and getting to the top of the pile is still very worthwhile. Sometimes it seems to me just another back-handed criticism of the standard of SL; the same complaint is seldom levelled at the NRL, where "getting into the top 8" is the be all and end all. Although, to be fair, I think a lot of Aussie fans would agree with us that a shorter play-off set-up would be better. But, y'know, money...
Wes

Post by Wes »

Brilliant again today!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wes wrote:Brilliant again today!
Best "team" performance this season? Also, done without O'Loughlin, which makes it even more impressive.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Defo best performance of the season and wane got it spot on......playing bateman centre was a good move...... also i thought we got into the faces of people like masila and brown...... our defence was spot on and we forced a lot of errors......escare off the bench added much more late on.......marshy defo give as good as he got with charnley........we played on masilas weakness of getting back into the defensive line........we did have a bit of luck but thoroughly deserved the win......i thought joel did especially well keeping his head early doors........ tommys big hit was a blinder...... only blot was the terrible attack to farrells head that seemed to go unnoticed....... it deserved a straight red
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Couple of ropey games in fairness but back on track with that win
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

But Powell is useless at 7, as anyone with half a brain knows. Joel shouldn't have a place in the team, blah blah, Bateman is wasted at centre, we can't play without Lockers, blah, Sam is not half the player he was before he went to the NRL, Williams is no good, blah blah, I'm not renewing my season ticket, RL is boring, blah, . . . AND WANE MUST GO.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐