Tomkins Leaving - Official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Tomkins Leaving - Official

Post by pedro »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
jinkin jimmy wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Of course not, but we had 17 great players today.
Williams was also superb.
Watch Catalans today and you will see what he has chosen to do.
Williams "superb"? I must have missed that. It was a great team performance in which many players outshone Williams. IMO now that the Tomkins situation is resolved Williams will be under the spotlight. He is nowhere near delivering performances worthy of marquee status. Sam was great today but was that a marquee performance? I'm not sure but it was way better than Williams' IMO.
My opinion was based on the key moments. I was looking at the tries we scored. Williams was central to most of them, either passing, kicking or running. It is just my opinion of course, but take another look at who did what for the points we scored. Frankly, we had 17 great players today, so it's all good.
Williams set up 1 from what I remember though Powell played better than him yesterday and believe me I aint to Powell fan
ian b

Post by ian b »

the whole team played well so why certain players constantly get picked out is ridiculous just be happy for once with what was a brilliant advert for the game
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Williams scored one, put Powell over and kicked through for the Marshall try. He also combined with Farrrell to put Tomkins over. Escare was key to Davies’ and Bateman’s was largely his own effort. They were all great, every one of them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sam T was outstanding today, even Stevie Wonder could have seen that! He is a class act and we will miss his defence and more than anything his game management in my opinion. His attack has always been very intelligent, so that goes without saying!
When will you be announcing your marriage to him, talk about going over top, He put in a very good performance but he ain't the superstar you keep praising
Show me where I used the word ‘superstar’?

Also he is obviously not a ‘superstar’ because I don’t talk about him as much as you talk about Ah Van!

Grow up Meds, to be honest you are becoming tiresome!!

Oh and you must have been one hell of a RL player........... :eh:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

josie andrews wrote:Credit where credit is due, that was the best performance from Sam Tomkins for years. Well done ????????
If he continues in this form Catalan will be very unlucky if they don’t improve their position in SL
Are you suggesting he is a ‘superstar’ too? How very dare you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

As for st leaving.st is a real clever footballer,hes single minded and driven i think the expression is these days.I dont see st when i watch WIGAN .I see a performer/s and he performed well Yesterday,did his job well.I think though, WRLFC performed even better and will when hes gone.
WHY,
No lockers Today,swop st for Hardacre/Escare/Sarg and do we still win.Play well. Perform.

He can still go for me.
We are in great shape and can get better.

4G
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He's a class act, we are much better with him than without him. He has a brilliant rugby brain, outstanding vision and he manages a game better than anyone else in SL. The only player that comes close to him is Barba. Catalans have done a great bit of business.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sam T was outstanding today, even Stevie Wonder could have seen that! He is a class act and we will miss his defence and more than anything his game management in my opinion. His attack has always been very intelligent, so that goes without saying!
When will you be announcing your marriage to him, talk about going over top, He put in a very good performance but he ain't the superstar you keep praising
He is.
TrueBlueWarrior

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He's a class act, we are much better with him than without him. He has a brilliant rugby brain, outstanding vision and he manages a game better than anyone else in SL. The only player that comes close to him is Barba. Catalans have done a great bit of business.
SEFC, please stop, you will offend to many people!
TrueBlueWarrior

oldhooker wrote:
medlocke wrote:
He is.
He certainly is a fantastic SL player!