Josh Charnley complains

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Longstanding

Josh Charnley complains

Post by Longstanding »

In The Daily Star, via Newsnow.
Josh doesn't want anyone testing his
weak ankle. Oh and cut out the bullying
too.????

josie andrews

Re: Josh Charnley complains

Post by josie andrews »

Rugby League EXCLUSIVE: Warrington Wolves' Josh Charnley SLAMS former team Wigan Warriors

JOSH CHARNLEY has accused his ex-Wigan team-mates of being disrespectful.

The Warrington star said he was angry when one tried to twist the ankle he has problems with.

And he admits he got wound up by their “niggling” in the Magic Weekend clash 10 days ago, the first time he’s played his old club.

His comments set up a tasty re-match when the two sides meet again in the Challenge Cup quarter-finals on Saturday.

But Charnley, who is back in League after an 18-month spell in Union with Sale, insists he’ll try and handle it better this time.

He said: “There were a few things I did not really like about that game against Wigan.

“There was niggling and one of the lads tried twisting the ankle which I’ve had a bad ankle with.

“Little things like that got me and I thought there was no respect.

“It wound me up and I got carried away a little bit and that’s not me really.

“I do not know if they were doing it on purpose or it could just be me over-thinking things.

“It’s one of those things, when the whistle goes you want to take each others heads off.

“You are enemies on the pitch but I’m still mates with them all off it. I just thought it was a little bit disrespectful that’s all.

“But we’ve got the Cup game now and revenge is sweet. I just need to focus on doing the right thing for Warrington.”

Wigan won the Magic Weekend clash 38-10, ending a run of 10 successive wins in the League and Cup for the Wolves.

Warrington also performed badly in the first half of last Friday’s home game against Hull before going on to win 30-12.

And Charnley, 26, admits they need to be bang on song to knock his old club out of the Cup.

He said: “We need to fight fire with fire and have a good start. Wigan bullied us last time and we can’t let that happen again.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby ... gby-league
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Maybe he was miffed that young Liam Marshall had the up on him ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Poor form from Josh he needs to man up.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

josie andrews wrote:Maybe he was miffed that young Liam Marshall had the up on him ????????
Lol exactly Marshall made him look like a fool 2 mins befor
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Poor form from Josh he needs to man up.
He was never the bravest lad
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Soft arse
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I agree, in general, but ankle-twisting (if it happened) is a cheap shot. We'd be up in arms if it was done to a Wigan player.

And Marshall will face a tough test on Saturday; Charnley will be determined not to let him get the better of him this time.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote:I agree, in general, but ankle-twisting (if it happened) is a cheap shot. We'd be up in arms if it was done to a Wigan player.

And Marshall will face a tough test on Saturday; Charnley will be determined not to let him get the better of him this time.
good news for oli then..... throw the dummy and josh will go for marshy every time.......we should play on this imo.......i cant help feeling we have to get off to a flyer to win this one....... wire supporters butcher refs when they cant play the ball to there liking when they are stuck in there own 25
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I wonder if his man bun will get a recall on Saturday?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield