Sutton going

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cherry_Warrior

Re: Sutton going

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Not really concerned at all. Too many unforced errors and not fit enough (never has been). Canberra, can you please take Tautai too? He is just as good.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I hope were not counting on naverette stepping up to the mark....... fromwhat ive seen hes mies off...... hopefully the props will all get a new role under a new coach ????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:I hope were not counting on naverette stepping up to the mark....... fromwhat ive seen hes mies off...... hopefully the props will all get a new role under a new coach ????
Navarette is another I just don’t see as being really good enough,to give him a 3 year deal was ridiculous in my eyes.

Hope I’m wrong though.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Might be a good idea to get some minutes and experience into Kibula. Now THERE is a prospect. Is Sutton any better than Mase Matongo or Luke Thompson for example? I would say not better than Matongo and nowhere near as good as Thompson and they were just two off the top of my head. We have much bigger things to worry about. I don't even think you will notice he left. I am not just saying that but if we get a coach in who likes his props to play like props we could see 3 or 4 new props next season anyway.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Kris Rads' statement is a bit worrying.
Two injuries among the props and we are really in it.
Flower, Clubb, Tautai, Navarette then Hamlin, Field and Kibula.
His suggestion they may look and see what is around is a must.
Time for a quality experienced prop to be hired for a few years.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Agreed Wiganer Ted we cant just be left with those props nowhere near size and power.

I am really concerned to where the Club are heading and recruitment Policies.

We as supporters need inspiring from time tot ime and the moment its not happening.

I dont fully understand why all these players want away from the biggest club in the world or is that in the past.On the other forum someone mentioned other young props who are out perfoming Sutton, Thompson at Saints being an example yet they are in rush to leave.

This is a big 6 months for KR\IL and will tell us a lot about the ambition of the Ckub

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Not really concerned at all. Too many unforced errors and not fit enough (never has been). Canberra, can you please take Tautai too? He is just as good.
Ok, who is good enough?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

acwrlfc wrote:Agreed Wiganer Ted we cant just be left with those props nowhere near size and power.

I am really concerned to where the Club are heading and recruitment Policies.

We as supporters need inspiring from time tot ime and the moment its not happening.

I dont fully understand why all these players want away from the biggest club in the world or is that in the past.On the other forum someone mentioned other young props who are out perfoming Sutton, Thompson at Saints being an example yet they are in rush to leave.

This is a big 6 months for KR\IL and will tell us a lot about the ambition of the Ckub

Keep the faith, new coach new tactics.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Honestly I'm more concerned with this season right now. Sutton and Shaun Wane will both be here till the end of the season and we are well-placed for silverware. Next season will bring what it will, and clearly changes will be needed, not least in the props. We have to make sure this upheaval doesn't unravel us in this campaign, starting on Saturday.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Sutton will have to sort his weight out in the NRL that's for sure.

At least a stone of flab will have to go!