19-Man Squad: Vs Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Warrington

Post by superleague »

moto748 wrote:In the second half when we had plenty of field position, we aimlessly passed the ball sideways in front of them without engaging the defence. And what passes for our kicking game got worse, not better.
Same as last few years then, that's why many of us wanted wane out years ago
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Just got back from Warrington. Will be ringing Wigan on Monday for price of my ticket back. Feecking awful! The one players who can have any kind of pride after that shit showing are Bateman, Davies and Escar'e, the rest were utter shite. What clown puts Morgan on, he is running trying to get the rest of the self abusers to go forward, and you take him off and Sub him with Tommy LeuLuai, who was over the hill last season, who gets himself sent off for a Cannonball tackle a couple of minutes later,

As for Sam Tomkins, if I had anything to do with it, he would not be in any of the Wigan squads for the rest of this season. He played well at the beginning of this seaseon, he's got his contract with Catalan now so he couldn't he couldn't give a rats arse what happens to Wigan.

Powell, hopefully be first through the door when the new coach comes , followed very closely by Joel Tomkins. These two are bessies with Wane, and as he said Powell is first name on the team sheet, well I bet it won't be when he has finally gone.

As for Wane. If he has any honour at all he will resign today and leave the Club before he does anymore damage. I know there are a few on here who think that the sun shine out of his arse, but even you, after today can see the writing is on the wall. If he stays until the end of the season we will be lucky to be in the top 8 never mind the top 4.

I have made arrangements to go to Wakfield on Thursday, but i'm strongly considering not going to any further away games whilst Wane is in charge. Rant over
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wane says he didn't see any players up to Wigan standards to day in his post match comments on the BBC website. I hope he includes himself in the not up to standard pile because he is absolutely ruddy useless.

This game has mirrored most of those this season with Wigan starting poorly except this time there was no come back.

The only decent performances this season have been Leeds away, Cas home and the magic weekend. The rest of the time virtually every game has only seen the team play for half of it at most. The odd dominant performance like v HKR or Salford at home tell you nothing except how bad they are and now even HKR can find a way to beat this side.

The attack was as bad as anything seen last season and the season before and Wane has absolutely no idea how to fix it nor has he had the answer to fixing the poor starts in games this season.

Those decent performances did have me thinking we'd turned a corner and as I said when Wane announced his resignation I was surprised but in the first big game of the season we witness abject failure.

There are definitely issues with the squad such as only one young centre and aging players like Lockers, Tomkins and Tommy but surely a different coach could get better from that team than Wane does.

Lenegan needs to get rid of Wane now. Today. He's already left it too long. I'd sooner have Winder with Tommy or Lockers assisting as a caretaker option than put up with Wane and his limited and obsolete way of how RL should be played any longer.

pearsy

Post by pearsy »

My mam has just had a stroke and watched from a hospital bed .That performance has just put her recovery back by weeks.I thought I was watching a replay from last year.Most of that lot do not deserve to wear the cherry and white
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Personally think the off field behavior of one or two has culminated in this shambles
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I heard today that mickey mac only left coz our hookers wernt allowed to run from dummy half..... good source as well........ and mickeys playing well for cats
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

I can forgive a poor performance but lack of effort is unforgivable, especially against a local rival club in the challenge cup. Players not running onto balls when attacking, players not moving up to defend and allowing Wire's forwards to run at them, players not tracking back at pace when Wire broke the line. Worse performance I've seen from a Wigan team since the 75-0 at Saints.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Tommys tackle
Faz kicking
the barnes Wallace school of passing
Ring a ring a Rosie trying to offload the ball
Absolute rubbish.

Bateman and Issa would be just owta jail.IF,The trades descriptions people check ther job titles and roll.As for the rest of um.They should donate ther wages for Today to a good cause.

4G
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

4 Generations wrote:Tommys tackle
Faz kicking
the barnes Wallace school of passing
Ring a ring a Rosie trying to offload the ball
Absolute rubbish.

Bateman and Issa would be just owta jail.IF,The trades descriptions people check ther job titles and roll.As for the rest of um.They should donate ther wages for Today to a good cause.

4G
i thought sutton and davies were both good as well as the above but thats about it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Only players to come out of this game with any pride are Bateman, Escare, Davies & Marshall IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan