Radlinski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

Radlinski

Post by acwrlfc »

i think KR needs to step up and explain the position at the club

his recruitment program has been at best average compared to Saints\Warrington. Great player but not cutting it at the business side of things
DaveO

Re: Radlinski

Post by DaveO »

He seems out of his depth.

He went from player to where he is now based on what from an administrative point of view? Nothing as far as I can tell.

You have to point the finger at Lenegan though. He appointed him.

I also think the problem is we have basically just two people running the club at the executive level. Lenegan and Rads and Rads is very much not IL's equal.

When we emerged from the dire state the club was in back in the 70's it was the "gang of four" who ousted a lacklustre board. Not a one man band which is what Lenegan is.

He's neither rich enough to simply bankroll the club nor astute enough to get on board big sponsors and seems distracted by grand ventures to London and Oz as the solution as well as his football interests. Lots of people seem to think the sun shines out of IL's backside because he's not Dave Whelan. For me you need more than that to be a great chairman.

Going back to Rads I don't know how much of a say he has in recruitment or what contacts he has but the latter seems non-existent. Did he even know Saints latest Fijian recruit was available?

warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

He has to go along with Wane. If you look at the last 2 years at recruitment and contract extensions it is appalling, we have extended Powell, Isa, Tautai, Tompkins J all of which should have been replaced. Throw in Williams as a marquee player along with re signings of Burgess, Leulai, and Sarginson. FPN was a disaster as well. Naverette taken on loan sent back because he was not up to it and now we have accepted him back. It is not surprising we find ourselves in a massive rebuilding situation. As much as I think Sean Oloughlin has been a great servant to this club we should have been looking to replace him this season. I have no faith in KR to bring in the right coach because he cannot even judge a quality player. For the future of the club recruiting the right guy is imperative and it is not going to be easy. We need someone who is ready to make difficult decisions, have the ability to attract some quality overseas players. Don't think Furner is the right man as his track record of a coach is not great especially when he was at Canberra. But if we can get the right man would suggest we get him now and remove SW so that he can see what needs to be done so that we can hit the ground running next season. IL you have a very difficult job but if Saints and Warrington can find one, so can we.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m still bemused they gave Navarette a 3 year deal that’s bordering on madness yea he’s slightly improved so give him a deal that reflects that 1 year with a option for another.