19-Man Squad: Vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Wakefield

Post by moto748 »

The first thing to say about that is that players should play wherever the coach wants them to play. Some of us might want ST in the halves, I'm not sure I do, and I assume Shaun Wane doesn't either (if he does, there is a problem right away).

ST can add creativity just as well from full-back, and, much as Billy Slater is doing at Melbourne after the departure of Cooper Cronk, is increasingly taking over some of the kicking duties as well. If he played at 7, opposing teams would run big forwards at him in the defensive line all day long.How well would he stand up to that?

Having said all that, he wouldn't play at all if I had my way; at least a period of not being considered for selection, like his brother.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

moto748 wrote:
ST can add creativity just as well from full-back, and, much as Billy Slater is doing at Melbourne after the departure of Cooper Cronk, is increasingly taking over some of the kicking duties as well. If he played at 7, opposing teams would run big forwards at him in the defensive line all day long.How well would he stand up to that?
does he though, the amount of times we struggle to get out of our half because he just looks to pass the ball instead of going forward!

sure he can inject himself into the line when well but his ball return is appalling, Ratchford was a class above him last week and is getting better as the season goes. Tomkins isn't improving and if anything is dropping off from the start of the season.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't disagree with that, and I remarked earlier in the season that ST's pet ploy seemed to be to provide Marshall (and it usually is Marshall) with hospital passes on his own 10m with big forwards bearing down on him. I was simply commenting on the relative effectiveness of ST at full-back or in the halves.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

This is why i was surprised when we didn't replace FPN , it has took a few injuries to have us down ro the bare bones, Another example of the club being run poorly and no recruitment Policy. KR we need answers
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wasnt aware flower and tautai were injured
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cherry.pie wrote:This one could be very difficult now with the 'middles' we have missing. Sutton out for around 6 weeks, Flower and Tautai missing through injury and of course Joel's suspension.

Hamlin, Navarrete and Field likely to play, with Lockers, Clubb and Isa our only experienced players down the middle.

With the size of Wakefield's pack this is going to be a tough one.

I've been thinking for a couple of weeks now how easily our season could be derailed once our winning run ended. The defeat to Rovers was a shocker, Wire was clearly a shocker too. I think many would expect us to react this Thursday but with several experienced forwards missing a defeat is more likely. Could a losing run be on the cards?

Not doubting your information about the injuries but

Joel out the side is no major loss and neither is TT the amount of impact he has been having lately. However Sutton and Flower ARE losses to the side so will be interesting to see how Field plays, personally think if he doesn't start to get more game time soon it is time for him to move on. Hamlin I've simply not see enough of
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We will lose tonight :angry:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote:We will lose tonight :angry:
Wouldn’t be surprised looking at that side
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Forward pass my ass.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Contact to head reply shows nothing
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.