Joel's Gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Joel's Gone.

Post by medlocke »

Southern Softy wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:Thank the lord. Take your brother with you on loan or summat.
Do you know, with the bile that is on this forum currently, I wouldn't blame Sam if he did go early.
Who's next? George Williams I suppose and then Bateman and then Escare (bloody Frenchman taking our boys' jobs) and then Farrell (all those kicks on the fifth) and then Manfredi (always injured) and then Marshall (too short) and then Gildart (too independent and he's got a beard) and then Clubb (Cockney - need I say more?)and Lockers (too old) Flower (too Welsh) and so on and so on until we wind up with no one left and then we can switch off the light as we all leave, happy in the knowledge that the club is now pure.
WOW talk about going over the top
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:Thank the lord. Take your brother with you on loan or summat.
Do you know, with the bile that is on this forum currently, I wouldn't blame Sam if he did go early.
Who's next? George Williams I suppose and then Bateman and then Escare (bloody Frenchman taking our boys' jobs) and then Farrell (all those kicks on the fifth) and then Manfredi (always injured) and then Marshall (too short) and then Gildart (too independent and he's got a beard) and then Clubb (Cockney - need I say more?)and Lockers (too old) Flower (too Welsh) and so on and so on until we wind up with no one left and then we can switch off the light as we all leave, happy in the knowledge that the club is now pure.
And there is some spouted!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ragman

Post by ragman »

I think this is the right outcome, but it's a bit more than ironic that Joel isn't the one with the worst record of abusive behaviour towards women involved in this whole debacle...
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Threw me did this.
Especially after Waney said last night on SKY prior to the game that "he wouldn't throw him under a bus".
Was that Shaun telling us all that what was about to happen wasn't his initiative?

Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Imo the club realizing this wasn't going away, they pulled the trigger.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

In the vid he kept saying IS THIS WIGAN repeatedly..... i dont think it was just aimed at the people in the vid imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
maximus

Post by maximus »

I don't think it will be posted on the Wigan official site until its a done deal.

Reading the press reports they say he is set to sign not that he has signed
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:I wonder if all those happy hes gone are going to message the club saying they want the same done to bateman for his actual fight.

Very much double standards we kept bateman and worked with him and we have employeed hardaker Joel should of had a chance to redeem himself.

This doesnt send a good message to the players it shows the club will not have your back (unless your a brilliant player)

I cant help think this is just down to the club trying to save face due to the potential cover up.
Too many variables to make such generalisations. The Bateman incident was not videoed and most of the country (and most Wigan fans I suspect) doesn't know it ever happened unlike JT's effort which went national. Bateman's incident happened some time ago so the club could have decided on a new policy. A policy maybe even influenced by Hardakers arrival as in it would not look good to tolerate JT and sign Hardaker as it would send the wrong message.

The Bateman incident was also between two players on a club organised "do". Not a player assaulting a member of the public and a female one at that. I am not defending Bateman but suggesting JT's was worse because of who he was abusing. So you could argue quite reasonably while both were in the wrong JT crossed a line whereas Bateman did not (just).

The message that has been sent out is if you behave like that you are out and I fail to see what duty the club has to any player who does that to do otherwise. He's 31 and should know better. The club is not Wigan Social Services and just because he's an RL player he's not some delicate little flower who needs mollycoddling or rehabilitating. The club has behaved no differently to any employer who found one of its employees plastered all over the media doing that.

captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Caboosegg wrote:I wonder if all those happy hes gone are going to message the club saying they want the same done to bateman for his actual fight.

Very much double standards we kept bateman and worked with him and we have employeed hardaker Joel should of had a chance to redeem himself.

This doesnt send a good message to the players it shows the club will not have your back (unless your a brilliant player)

I cant help think this is just down to the club trying to save face due to the potential cover up.
Totally different incidents. Bateman's was kept inside the club. The Dopey brother's incident was made public, (even though the club had know about it for weeks). With Bateman they, (the club) said he had been suspended for an off field incident.

Dopey brothers incident was videoed and aired on social media for the world to see. So the punishment had to be seen to be done. I personally would have sent both of them down the road.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

A bloke having a fight with a similar or actually bigger bloke is not the same as a big bloke picking on a small woman
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure