Potential Signing

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Potential Signing

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

southportcdm wrote:Seems to be Joe Bullock, a prop, from Barrow. Has been playing well for them for some time. Would be an interesting one as we don't often go for Championship players but he was a winger for us some years ago. Rumours that the Barrow chairman was unhappy with the manner of our approach (naughty Rads!). My only evidence is other sites and one of the trade papers but there seems to be too much gossip for it not to be true.
Barrow Raiders coach Paul Crarey has reiterated the club’s stance on sought-after prop Joe Bullock – saying they will only listen to formal offers at the end of the season.

Wigan Warriors have been strongly linked with a move for the forward, although Crarey hit back.

Speaking on this week’s edition of TotalRL.com Back Chat, when he was a guest, Crarey said: “We’ve had word that he’s been approached, probably illegally, and a big club has met him at a service station.

“He’s contracted to 2019 with an option to 2020. It’s probably unsettled him for a while, and we’ve now settled him down because we’re paying his wages.

“At the end of the year if clubs want to speak to us about him then we’re open to negotiations, but there will be a fee involved because we’ve done the work with him.

“He’s been at Wigan and he’s been at Leigh. They pushed him on and we picked him up three years ago and he’s done really well.”
http://www.totalrl.com/barrow-standing- ... t-bullock/
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Barrow want £30K for Bullock, Wigan say it's too much. He thought he was out of contract at the end of 2018, but has another year left after that.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

No straw damn us wrote:Barrow want £30K for Bullock, Wigan say it's too much. He thought he was out of contract at the end of 2018, but has another year left after that.
Can I be the first to say tight arse IL :lol:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

You might be the first and maybe the last as IL is certainly not financially tight.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Wiganer Ted wrote:You might be the first and maybe the last as IL is certainly not financially tight.
doh :eusa17:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Heh! :D
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

[quote="Wiganer Ted"]You might be the first and maybe the last as IL is certainly not financially tight.[/quote

You believe that?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't think IL is financially tight, I certainly don't.
His "loans" to the club (his club I know) are up to £6m and that's on top of what he paid to buy it.

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd season we have the highest salary bill in SL. Crowds have been going down, 2016 & 2017 the rugby on display was poor. This season the rugby is better and with Waney's resignation we have lost three and look a mess.

IL's financial investment hasn't brought about the number of trophies he and us wanted.
Over this past few days when we knew Joel was going IL has gone and signed Greenwood who'll be over here asap. Not saving any money there.

For next season he has to sign replacements for Sutton, Bateman and find a new head coach and probably at least one assistant. This will be done and IL will pay what it takes to get the right man.
What IL won't do is pay top money for an individual who doesn't deserve it but may have a big name or reputation.
IL is careful with his money but does invest in the club heavily both on and off the field.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I don`t always agree with IL and he can be arrogant in an argument, he is never wrong, but i respect him for his investment in the club and his passion to succeed. It must be hard sometimes to read on here all the comments slung at him & lesser men would have said bollox and walked away saying i dont need this at my time in like.

Sit back and think if you had put £6 million pounds in a club to try to make it a success & you got slagged off what would you think??

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

ddtftf wrote:I don`t always agree with IL and he can be arrogant in an argument, he is never wrong, but i respect him for his investment in the club and his passion to succeed. It must be hard sometimes to read on here all the comments slung at him & lesser men would have said bollox and walked away saying i dont need this at my time in like.

Sit back and think if you had put £6 million pounds in a club to try to make it a success & you got slagged off what would you think??
I would hope he understands that forums and social media are polarised and not a reflection in general. Even on here he has 70%
Support which any political party would die for. Its especially at times like this, players leaving, coach leaving, bad publicity off field and poor performances on it that a 70% opinnion pole in his favour should really encourage him. Anyone in any position of authority attracts criticism Im sure the rants of a few wont effect him to much especially when some of them are negative full stop.
Its a bit like your posts on here 90+% of us appreciate the info but you always get the odd one who spoils it.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!