Omnishambles

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Omnishambles

Post by medlocke »

wontoofree wrote:
mickw wrote:
wontoofree wrote: I presume you are referring to the Man Utd footballer killed some 60 years ago, but why are you so sure that Shaun Edwards won't be back ?
well for one I don't think we can get anywhere near the salary RU can offer.And two leneghans to tight to pay a large salary anyhow.
Fair enough reply.
Why does everybody assume we can't bring in Edwards because we can't match the RU money, If Edwards want's to be Wigan coach at some point I doubt money would bother him, he's took big paycuts in the past for things important to him, I would Hazard a guess coaching Wigan will be high on bucket list, He's won everything at Wigan as a player, No doubt he would want to do the same as the coach, Maybe we won't see him at the moment but i have no doubt he will take the job at some point in the future :thum:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought you were too much of a cynic to go for that romantic "the Prince over the water" line, meds!

:lol:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Forget Edwards. What Wigan need is a professional with absolutely no previous association with the club or players.

Get him in, fresh start with everyone on level pegging playing for their places. None of this jobs for the boys culture that has developed over the last 5 years or so.

With the resources and talent pool that this club has, and the general state of RL in this country, there should be absolutely no reason for Wigan to make the finals of any competition they enter.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

[quote="Wintergreen"]Forget Edwards. What Wigan need is a professional with absolutely no previous association with the club or players. [/Quote]

Are you really suggesting Edwards past association would be a handicap or his appointment would be a jobs for the boy's one?

He may be a former player but he has absolutely no association with any of the current players. To rule out someone who many think is the man most likely to put all the players on a level playing field and the last person to accept a job for the boys culture himself is daft.

I have seen plenty question his appointment based on not being in RL for years etc but the idea he should not be appointed because it would be a job for the boy's appointment is bizarre.

Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

If Edwards is an option why not Andy Gregory?

Spoke to Andy on plenty of occasions and he's under no illusions that everything is ok with the club, we need someone who'll completely change the club. Now I'm not saying we should get Andy but Edwards isn't the answer either, we need someone new who'll rip apart the club and rebuild.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Forget Edwards. What Wigan need is a professional with absolutely no previous association with the club or players.
Are you really suggesting Edwards past association would be a handicap or his appointment would be a jobs for the boy's one?

He may be a former player but he has absolutely no association with any of the current players. To rule out someone who many think is the man most likely to put all the players on a level playing field and the last person to accept a job for the boys culture himself is daft.

I have seen plenty question his appointment based on not being in RL for years etc but the idea he should not be appointed because it would be a job for the boy's appointment is bizarre.

What I am saying is that we need a fresh start, someone with absolutely no connection to Wigan whatsoever. Do you honestly think that Edwards has no relationships with members of the Wigan team?

This is not the prime reason that I would object to Edwards though. He needs a period of time back in RL before he would be suitable for head coach of Wigan.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Josie's friend wrote:If Edwards is an option why not Andy Gregory?
Because obviously Gregory is not an option. It does not follow that because Edwards is an ex player you can name any random ex player as if that is making an equivalent suggestion. I think you know as well as I do the reasons why Edwards gets his name mentioned and last on the list is because he is an ex-player.
Spoke to Andy on plenty of occasions and he's under no illusions that everything is ok with the club, we need someone who'll completely change the club. Now I'm not saying we should get Andy but Edwards isn't the answer either, we need someone new who'll rip apart the club and rebuild.
And you have concluded Edwards would not do that based on what exactly?

Any new coach will do as much as IL allows him to. If that went as far as ripping it apart and rebuilding it (which I doubt IL would sanction anyway) there is no reason to suggest Edwards would not do that. If anything it's his perceived no nonsense attitude and professionalism that makes him plenty of peoples favoured option because they think that is exactly what he would do.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Edwards isn't coming Dave get over it
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I would prefer a coach who has no affiliation to Wigan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I would prefer a coach who has no affiliation to Wigan
Me too, fresh start!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett