Joe Greenwood signs with immediate effect

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Joe Greenwood signs with immediate effect

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Greenwood for Joel is a massive step up. Great business. He is a class act, with his best years in front of him. Bullock for Sutton would also be good business.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

DaveO wrote:I expect Wane will lay him at prop anyway. After all why wouldn't you play an excellent 2nd rower at prop?

So expect to see him going to ground to find a quick PTB and being told off for driving it in if he does that rather than being the strong running back row forward he is.

If so, we will have to wait until next season to see the best of him.
This is exactly what I fear!!! Greenwood is used to and so effective at running lines fast and hard from deep and breaking the line..........everything that Wane dislikes from a forward. Whoever our next coach is my only request is to see our forwards running like forwards with speed and aggression and with an aim to break the line and to trample over the opponent ala Craig Smith.

Matt
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote:I expect Wane will lay him at prop anyway. After all why wouldn't you play an excellent 2nd rower at prop?

So expect to see him going to ground to find a quick PTB and being told off for driving it in if he does that rather than being the strong running back row forward he is.

If so, we will have to wait until next season to see the best of him.
You surprise me Dave! I'd have thought you'd want to play him at 7. :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wane has no more projects to undertake for us. Greenwood will spend most of his days playing for our next coach.

Hardaker for Sam and Greenwood for Joel looks great business so far. With Gildart signed up, and life in Lockers' legs yet, if we can get that Barrow lad on board for Sutton, it is so far so very good. With another marquee spot to play with as well.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Hardaker for Sam and Greenwood for Joel looks great business so far. With Gildart signed up, and life in Lockers' legs yet, if we can get that Barrow lad on board for Sutton, it is so far so very good.
From the same person that told me Sutton was leaving last season. Says neither Leuluai nor Lockers will play on next season
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Hardaker for Sam and Greenwood for Joel looks great business so far. With Gildart signed up, and life in Lockers' legs yet, if we can get that Barrow lad on board for Sutton, it is so far so very good.
From the same person that told me Sutton was leaving last season. Says neither Leuluai nor Lockers will play on next season
Is that because Waneys going Or because they've decided their bodies have had enough?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
I can see the tears in Josie's eyes!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Is that because Waneys going Or because they've decided their bodies have had enough?
I would guess if true they know that there are a huge amount of challenges facing the club next year and maybe at their age, they just dont have the energy for it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Seem to remember he picked up a few injuries at stains. Hows he fared in Oz?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Wonder how long it will be before he gets a game or will be sat next Hamlin on the side lines