19-Man Squad: Vs Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull FC

Post by DaveO »

Thank God we won. Drop goal attempt bounced off the post for Lockers to put Marshall in for the winner. About time we had some luck.
maximus

Post by maximus »

certainly is lol
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Got to love radio humberside. Bateman down injured hull are smart in going for his area, kelly goes down why havent they stopped play blaa bla bla
Why you not listening on Wishfm?
Out and about and despite it saying radio manchester was playing it, it wasnt on the iplayer.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bertina

Post by bertina »

DaveO wrote: Thank God we won. Drop goal attempt bounced off the post for Lockers to put Marshall in for the winner. About time we had some luck.
It was a bit of luck Dave but I think we deserved it.
After a lot of thought we decided to go to the game. Old habits die hard.
We were better than the last 3 weeks, but far from great.
Biggest problem as per usual, if Lockers doesn’t do it, it doesn’t get done.
I have said it all season, we have the worst 2 half backs in super league.
And don’t give me all this playing behind a bad pack crap.
In the opponents 25 we are clueless.
Powell is a tackler period.
Williams is ??????? , I don’t know, but I do know that for a long time now he has been stealing a living.
I don’t like slating players, but his lack of involvement is beyond a joke.
Something needs to be done.
pedro

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull FC I'm

Post by pedro »

Hanley the God! wrote:What a load of crap we are. Haven't got a clue in attack. Useless! Sack Wane NOW for god sake. Sounds like marquee boy Williams having another blinder ????????????☹️☹️☹️
He did have a very good game
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

So without a try from a player not deemed good enough for Wigan we would have lost another game, Yet not one bit of praise for him :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nick pinkney was the commentater and he said he couldnt believe how clueless wigan looked in attack..... he said they seemed to rely on kicks all the time...... a wins a win but lets not forget hull are busted big time...... would we have beaten them if the roles were reversed? I very much doubt it...... i just hooe we compete next week at cas....... if we get battered i will be very disappointed( considering all the other teams have competed minus a lot of bodies)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We needed a win, any win, and got one. Away to a very good side, and having to come from behind in bad conditions. That'll do for me.
Cas will be a different challenge altogether, but if we put Sam in the halves and play Escare at 1 we will be competitive.
It has been a great week, with Greenwood in for Tomkins, Manfredi looking like he will be back in great shape soon and this tough win. :)
It was bound to take a while to adjust to Wane's leaving, and we have clearly put it behind us now. Normal service soon to be resumed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:Nick pinkney was the commentater and he said he couldnt believe how clueless wigan looked in attack..... he said they seemed to rely on kicks all the time...... a wins a win but lets not forget hull are busted big time...... would we have beaten them if the roles were reversed? I very much doubt it...... i just hooe we compete next week at cas....... if we get battered i will be very disappointed( considering all the other teams have competed minus a lot of bodies)
Where are they busted big time? They seemed to have a fairly decent squad to me. There were only a few younger players involved in the team outside of the 19 & I thought they played well.

Jamie Shaul went off at half time with a foot injury but I thought all the big main players were involved.

Most teams will now have a week off due to the international on Saturday so they will be able to sort out any minor injuries or niggles. Wigan won’t have the benefit of the free weekend unfortunately ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull FC I'm

Post by No straw damn us »

pedro wrote:
Hanley the God! wrote:What a load of crap we are. Haven't got a clue in attack. Useless! Sack Wane NOW for god sake. Sounds like marquee boy Williams having another blinder ????????????☹️☹️☹️
He did have a very good game
Williams was probably Wigans m.o.m. How people can comment on a game they haven't seen is beyond me.
Tommy Leuluai and dare I mention him Dan Sarginson also played well IMO.

Williams made 193 meters and six clean breaks.

http://www.rugby-league.com/superleague ... port/73859