Josh Woods

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Josh Woods

Post by ddtftf »

I was really impressed with his decision making and log passing game, plus he is confident in his own ability. We could have a little gem in the making in this lad.
Wes

Re: Josh Woods

Post by Wes »

Agree.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

just mentioned in another post

the bit of skill for Marshalls 2nd try was good to see. Nice little feint to drop the ball inside to dummy runner before putting a good long ball out to Marshall to score

confident enough to take the line on as well which i like to see from a half back
BriH

Post by BriH »

ddtftf wrote:I was really impressed with his decision making and log passing game, plus he is confident in his own ability. We could have a little gem in the making in this lad.
Me too. Real potential.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Great to see Josh growing in confidence. When we have a full squad he may provide the answer to problem that arises when Tommy needs a break. i.e. We could move Sam P to hooker, use Josh from the bench and keep Sam T at fullback. If Josh continue to progress by the end of the season he may be a better option than using Morgan from the bench and having to move Sam T.
bertina

Post by bertina »

southportcdm wrote: Great to see Josh growing in confidence. When we have a full squad he may provide the answer to problem that arises when Tommy needs a break. i.e. We could move Sam P to hooker, use Josh from the bench and keep Sam T at fullback. If Josh continue to progress by the end of the season he may be a better option than using Morgan from the bench and having to move Sam T.
Based on current form he may be a better option than Williams.
His kicking game is certainly better.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The lad has class that’s for sure,his kicking game alone makes him invaluable as it was leading to something for the most part,not the kick and hope we fans are used to with williams/Powell and Tommy etc.

He should be given a good run now on form alone
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
He should be given a good run now on form alone
Given Williams is out injured for a few more weeks he's going to get one anyway. Once Williams is fit again I'd like to see a pairing of Woods and Williams. With a half back partner who offers a threat Williams might have more opportunities than he gets normally and may not feel he has to do it all. Williams seems to me to think he's got to come up with something on every single play. A more creative partner might calm him down!

If there is a negative re Woods it is he does seem to lack pace.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Off hand I can’t really think of a speedy half back the point I was trying to make is he should get a run with Williams the lad has class,and that’s taking nothing away from Powell who is being asked to do a job not a natural by any means but doing his best but Woods needs time and games Wigan may just have a winner with him.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Warrington are looking for a half back for next year so IL nail this lad down on a contract before he is poached from us