Blake Austin

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Blake Austin

Post by ddtftf »

Looks like Warrington are buying a superb stand off or centre from the NRL Canberra Raiders this guy is an outstanding player. Looks like we are second best again in the market to buy players
Firestarter

Re: Blake Austin

Post by Firestarter »

Hes quality and didnt look like he wanted to stay there in his last interview
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

tremendous signing,once again we seem reluctant to bring top overseas players to Wigan.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I do rate Austin, even though he can be abit inconsistent, but for me he’s too similar player to willliams.
We need a half who will control the middle and with a good kicking game
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I wonder if he'll be as good as Chris Sandow or Tyrone Roberts?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d have Austin in a heartbeat but he will,if things go to his plan be at Wire for a season or so then be of back down under he won’t stay here long that’s for sure.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

fozzieskem wrote:I’d have Austin in a heartbeat but he will,if things go to his plan be at Wire for a season or so then be of back down under he won’t stay here long that’s for sure.
Agree, he's an excellent player, but he'll be back in Aus at the first opportunity.
I'd much rather we use our money to develop our own, it's worked well for us the last few years. I accept we lose some but as long as we keep producing them it'll be o.k. If we don't THEN we'll have to buy in. Hardaker, Bateman, Greenwood, Sarginson etc etc etc.
No club will ever get it 100% correct but we do it better than most. The aging pack is a bit of a concern for me at the moment a centre and another halfback, but hopefully that will be addressed with our youth development.
People are going on about Leeds injury list, but here's an interesting fact. They have only used one more player than Wigan this season and two less than we used last year.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I also think Wakefield or Cas have sign`d Uta a brilliant winger 2nd top try scorer in the NRL powerful and fast will be a sensation in Super League.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

ddtftf wrote:I also think Wakefield or Cas have sign`d Uta a brilliant winger 2nd top try scorer in the NRL powerful and fast will be a sensation in Super League.
I understood he was going to Huddersfield but you are right more often than not.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Barney841 wrote:I do rate Austin, even though he can be abit inconsistent, but for me he’s too similar player to willliams.
We need a half who will control the middle and with a good kicking game
He is nothing like Williams and far superior to him.