Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Post by No straw damn us »

Gene Miles always played left centre or loose forward and Dean Bell played at right centre, or loose forward when they were in the same team.

http://wigan.rlfans.com/fusion_pages/in ... age_id=317
pedro

Post by pedro »

Myers played a lot at 2 with Bell his centre at 3
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No straw damn us wrote:Gene Miles always played left centre or loose forward and Dean Bell played at right centre, or loose forward when they were in the same team.

http://wigan.rlfans.com/fusion_pages/in ... age_id=317
That's most definitely how I remember it, Nsdu.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

pedro wrote:
jinkin jimmy wrote:
pedro wrote: not at all, watch youtube with offiah, offiahs got the ball, looking over his shoulder and still pulling away from preston
One video alone isn't conclusive. Were both as fatigued, where both at the same fitness levels, etc, etc? You're welcome to your opinion but I'll stick with mine. I'm not saying Preston was faster but he was certainly "in the same league".
its more conclusive than an opinion though
What would be your definition of "the same league" be? My contention is that Preston was probably the fastest player Wigan have ever had apart from Offiah. If your opinion is different would you care to mention a few names? I mean, there must be quite a few as fast if not faster than Preston if he wasn't in the same league as Offiah, surely?
pedro

Post by pedro »

jinkin jimmy wrote:
pedro wrote:
jinkin jimmy wrote: One video alone isn't conclusive. Were both as fatigued, where both at the same fitness levels, etc, etc? You're welcome to your opinion but I'll stick with mine. I'm not saying Preston was faster but he was certainly "in the same league".
its more conclusive than an opinion though
What would be your definition of "the same league" be? My contention is that Preston was probably the fastest player Wigan have ever had apart from Offiah. If your opinion is different would you care to mention a few names? I mean, there must be quite a few as fast if not faster than Preston if he wasn't in the same league as Offiah, surely?
why must there be? we havent had anyone in the same league as Offiah in this country
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Rubbish. Preston was lightning fast. The fact that you can't name a single player who was as quick apart from Offiah would appear to bear that out. Anyway, last word to you, I'm through.
pedro

Post by pedro »

jinkin jimmy wrote:Rubbish. Preston was lightning fast. The fact that you can't name a single player who was as quick apart from Offiah would appear to bear that out. Anyway, last word to you, I'm through.
Dallas and Carney id say were quicker than Preston
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

pedro wrote:
jinkin jimmy wrote:Rubbish. Preston was lightning fast. The fact that you can't name a single player who was as quick apart from Offiah would appear to bear that out. Anyway, last word to you, I'm through.
No they were not. As I have posted, Henley-Smith ran 10.4 for 100m. Offiah was nowhere near that. End of discussion.

Better add the
:D !!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wintergreen wrote:
pedro wrote:
No they were not. As I have posted, Henley-Smith ran 10.4 for 100m. Offiah was nowhere near that. End of discussion.

Better add the
with boots and a ball? Offiah did 10.8 over 100 not too far away from him considering offiah was a rugby player and the other was a sprinter
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

pedro wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
pedro wrote: Dallas and Carney id say were quicker than Preston

Better add the
with boots and a ball? Offiah did 10.8 over 100 not too far away from him considering offiah was a rugby player and the other was a sprinter
Nearly half a second is a lot.

Offiah was NOT the fastest player to play for Wigan. That is a fact.