The Coach Is Critical

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: The Coach Is Critical

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:You get 100% solid effort from Isa. Now, you can debate whether that effort is good or bad all day long. He is in the last contract he will sign and he came as probably one of the cheapest recruits ever from Widnes (he was their lowest paid player - fact)

Couldn't help thinking throughout yesterday's game that if we had a different coach then little things would be better.

We have quick players yet we are a slow team. We move the ball side to side slowly. We play the ball slowly. We move up in defence slowly. We take the ball up from an almost standing start. We do not employ dummy runners. We have no second phase. Players stood far too flat. On-field decisions appear to take ages - no-one can take the game by the scruff - we are slow

If Wane cannot change that (and this is repeating from last season) then what chance of it changing if Winder is promoted?

Wigan need to announce the new coach asap and get him in place within the next few weeks to ascertain the players he will have at his disposal but also to start to make his own changes on the team
I think that’s the problem players are being re signed without the new coaches input,well that we know of at least,by now two months on the club should have had the new chap signed up surely.?
ian b

Post by ian b »

Fujiman wrote:
medlocke wrote:Nothing wrong with Isa, He does his job, It might not be flashy but he does it well IMO
I agree with this Meds. He's todays Sam Panapa :D
i think isa does a good job and i think he hits hard considering he isnt the biggest player
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Just seen Wanes post match interview, god he’s like a robot. ‘Dumb with the ball’ that’s all you get, I think my 5 year old daughters have got a bigger vocabulary than this man.
B
Can’t wait to see the back of him, bring on the new coach and the new season
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Can I just say that if the coach is critical, we should put a sign saying "Do not resuscitate" on him.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:You get 100% solid effort from Isa. Now, you can debate whether that effort is good or bad all day long. He is in the last contract he will sign and he came as probably one of the cheapest recruits ever from Widnes (he was their lowest paid player - fact)

Couldn't help thinking throughout yesterday's game that if we had a different coach then little things would be better.

We have quick players yet we are a slow team. We move the ball side to side slowly. We play the ball slowly. We move up in defence slowly. We take the ball up from an almost standing start. We do not employ dummy runners. We have no second phase. Players stood far too flat. On-field decisions appear to take ages - no-one can take the game by the scruff - we are slow

If Wane cannot change that (and this is repeating from last season) then what chance of it changing if Winder is promoted?

Wigan need to announce the new coach asap and get him in place within the next few weeks to ascertain the players he will have at his disposal but also to start to make his own changes on the team
I went to watch the U19's play today. It was wonderful to watch a Wigan team play with flair, even though though they were 6-18 down, and come back to win the game 32-18. Maybe Darren Goulding should be given the task of motivating our first team
as is quite obvious obvious from our last two games Wane is incapable of doing.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

medlocke wrote:Nothing wrong with Isa, He does his job, It might not be flashy but he does it well IMO
. Like I have said before he’s the new Mick Cassidy.All teams need a couple of those players.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I actually like Isa - his enthusiasm and attitude are first class. And maybe in a well-coached team he could play the Sam Panapa/Mick Cassidy role (though let's remember Panapa had the benefit of playing in a very, very good team). So maybe a bit harsh to pick Willie out and I'll admit he's a useful squad player but not every week starter and mainstay.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

All teams need players such as Isa good solid pro’s who do a job and let the flashier players shine.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

people may not agree but i think we need 2 big rough enforcer props and possibly one to be a ball handler, I dont think we get good value out of Clubb and Flower plus Lockers is continually plagued with a calf injury, David Fafita would be one i would go for before Warrington get him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote:people may not agree but i think we need 2 big rough enforcer props and possibly one to be a ball handler, I dont think we get good value out of Clubb and Flower plus Lockers is continually plagued with a calf injury, David Fafita would be one i would go for before Warrington get him.
Fafita & Casty would be nice :cool: