Super Huddersfield stun Cas to secure top eight spot

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Super Huddersfield stun Cas to secure top eight spot

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield’s remarkable revival under Simon Woolford hit new heights as they secured a spot in the top eight with a 34-18 victory over high-flying Castleford.

Since Woolford’s appointment, the Giants have gone from bottom four no-hopers to genuine contenders in Super League after a remarkable run of form.

This was an eighth win in nine Super League outings but arguably their most impressive win in that sequence. After overcoming an early 12-0 deficit, the Giants nilled the normally razor sharp Tigers in a superb second-half display.

Halfback Jamie Ellis and Jake Trueman handed Cas the lead, but the Giants hit back through a Jermaine McGillvary brace.

Tries were exchanged before half-time as Junior Moors and Lee Gaskell crossed, but the second-half was all Huddersfield as Leroy Cudjoe and Darnell McIntosh went over, while McGillvary completed his hat-trick.

http://www.totalrl.com/super-huddersfie ... ight-spot/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: Super Huddersfield stun Cas to secure top eight spot

Post by moto748 »

I missed most of the first half, but I thought the Giants looked very good in a decent contest; both sides showing some good attacking play which we have been a bit starved of lately. Could have been a lot more comfortable if the normally reliable Danny Brough had kicked a few more.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Great win for Huddersfield and more importantly, has done us a favour. Beat Cats next week and we're assured 2nd place.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It was weird watching 2 teams who knew what they where doing, Enjoyable game
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Must admit it was a great game to watch,Huddersfield are on a roll and look workds apart from the side of 3 months ago,Cas don’t look the same side at all this time round a little fragile for some reason not sure what though.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good game, thought Cas were going to walk it at first then Hudds fought back and then played really good attacking rugby.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

jobo wrote:Great win for Huddersfield and more importantly, has done us a favour. Beat Cats next week and we're assured 2nd place.
2nd place doesn't matter at this point. Top 4 gets an extra home game, but no advantage other than that.

Personally i think we're in a little lull with our motivation at this point in the season because the top 4 looks set and we can't get first. So we're waiting for the last 2-3 matches to get some momentum for the only 2 games in the season that really count (and the semi-final have a really low crowd so it won't seem like a big match)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Lol and behold. Huddersfield are playing crap and heading for the Middle 8's. They get an Aussie Coach, the team turns their season around and get into the Super 8's. Is it just me or is the fact that Huddersfield got an Aussie coach somethinget to do with it!!!!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

captinjack wrote:Lol and behold. Huddersfield are playing crap and heading for the Middle 8's. They get an Aussie Coach, the team turns their season around and get into the Super 8's. Is it just me or is the fact that Huddersfield got an Aussie coach somethinget to do with it!!!!
I thought the Aussie coach replaced an Aussie coach though.
And what if every team had an Aussie coach, would the bottom 4 be going into the middle 8's because they had an Aussie coach?
And what about when British coaches win the GF, are the Aussie coaches crap that season?
I'm confused :eusa16: