Leigh exodus continues

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Leigh exodus continues

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Re: Leigh exodus continues

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s a fire sale isn’t it..like Icarus they flew to close to the sun and have got burnt badly
josie andrews

Leigh Centurions owner Derek Beaumont set to step away from club

Post by josie andrews »

With a round of the regular season still to play Leigh need results to go against the odds to secure a top four finish, and during a day which is set to see an exodus of stars, Beaumont issued a heartfelt statement.

“It was with a heavy heart and tear in my eye that the realisation sunk in that we would not make the Qualifiers,” he said. “I have said publicly on numerous occasion and privately to the group that my position as owner of the club would become untenable should that happen.

“The club will receive circa £200k in 2019 from £1.25m this year and circa £1.7m in 2017 and that is a drop too far to sustain the club in its current form. “To that end I must act in the best interests of the club’s ability to survive going forward and in the short term to fulfil this season’s fixtures and also to reduce its commitments to make it more attractive to any party that may express an interest in taking it forward.”

Warrington Wolves announced the signing of Bodene Thompson today while Peter Mata’utia, Liam Hood, Jordan Thompson, Greg Richards, Ben Crooks and Harrison Hansen have all been linked with moves away from LSV.

And Beaumont warned the number of players leaving the club will swell this week. “This week is deadline week and therefore an ideal opportunity for players to be able to secure their futures elsewhere and at the same time reduce the club’s obligations,” he said.

“I can confirm there will be a large number of exits and that may bring some opportunities for others but that will be ongoing this week right up until deadline. “I am committed to ensuring the club reaches the end of the season and hope during that time a new investor or group of investors can be attracted to take the club forward.

I will be making a more detailed statement at the beginning of next week and until then will not be in a position to comment further. “I apologise to our loyal fans and sponsors for this failing which ultimately has to rest with me.”

https://www.leighobserver.co.uk/sport/l ... -1-9268758
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Centurions owner Derek Beaumont set to step away from club

Post by josie andrews »

Sad times for Leigh!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OAMJSONA

Wonder whats happening at Leyth

Post by OAMJSONA »

Things dnt look to rosey at Leyth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/44953111
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Firestarter

Re: Wonder whats happening at Leyth

Post by Firestarter »

Bodene thompson to wire...ill tell you what theres defo a salary cap dodge going on there........ or maybe they just dont go anywhere near there cap at the start ov every season........ im sure kev/ mitch brown.....roberts......lineham...goodwin.....clarke.......currie......hughes....... masila......crosby......akauola.......and westwood are all on peanuts ????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ohhhh and i forgot pomeroy
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Add cooper and charnley( two more signings) it really is a joke
jobo

Post by jobo »

Got to have some sympathy for Beaumont. He's put loads of cash and time into that club.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

This is worrying for RL in General

If Salford go down will the survive as a club?
Leigh look like they may fold if they cannot get a new owners
Will Widnes survive if they go down?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.