Signing deadline

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Signing deadline

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Following this morning’s report that Wests Tigers utility Tuimoala Lolohea is weighing up a move to Super League, it appears two more NRL players may be set to join him in England.

Canberra Raiders prop Charlie Gubb and Gold Coast Titans outside back Brendan Elliot are both on the verge of moves, and could arrive in the UK before the transfer deadline later this month.
http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/two-more- ... and-17747/

Elliot already at Leigh
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ddtftf

Re: Signing deadline

Post by ddtftf »

Gubb is a good forward
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Could Gubb be a sweetener in the Bateman deal? For example, what if Canberra paid part of his wages?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Leigh seem to have reneged on a deal with Gubb. Surely, we should be in the frame to sign him if only for 2019. With Frank Endecott being his manager an agreement could easily be made.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/leigh- ... 4ztpg.html
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ive seen him play a lot in the nrl and still dont get what all the fuss is about him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Warrington have just signed Clark from South Sydney & are after David Fafita from Wakfield
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

To be fair they signed Clark some time ago.

Well lots of players going to clubs desperate to retain SL status. Not much elsewhere and if I can say so, every player linked from overseas has now moved on

As for Fifita. Unless Wire are making him their marquee then seriously doubt they could afford him under their cap
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: